Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:34:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My latest sculpts --robots, spacemen, and aliens  (Read 5278 times)

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
Re: My latest sculpts --robots, spacemen, and aliens
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 05:09:42 AM »
Really love the new releases! :-*  Any chance you will expand the Primal Dawn range?

I have been waiting for some extra poses for the Rog, and to finally get some sculpts
for the terror bird tribe.  I would imagine you might sell more if there were more than
one pose available to purchase.

Darkoath

Offline Hydra

• Bookworm
    • Hydra Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 05:57:02 AM »
More Primal Dawn stuff is coming soon too. I just molded a new Ugg spearman and I'm reworking the terror bird.

My priority is to finish War Rocket.  However, my writing partner John Douma and I are talking about a Retro Raygun skirmish game or starting the Primal Dawn game.  Both would be cool and I've got a lot of figures partially sculpted for Primal Dawn (and 8 races planned!)

Too many good ideas!

Matt
Matt Beauchamp
Hydra Miniatures
www.hydraminiatures.com

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 06:28:04 AM »
- Slishian with death ray (second pose and third face conversion)
- Slishian death ray squad
 I haven't thought much about ice or arachnoid aliens, but they might be good ideas for the future.  I want to finish the Slishians (scientist, elder leader "alpha slish" and a slishian mechanized octopus tank.

Oh, I am all over these ideas. How many are there going to be in a death ray squad? And any greens for the tank?
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Hydra

• Bookworm
    • Hydra Miniatures
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 12:57:52 AM »
I'll probably sculpt 2-3 poses of deathray troopers. I haven't started the slishbot tank, but I've got a few ideas.  It'll probably be resin an metal with colored transparent domes.

Matt

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 01:01:18 AM »
More Primal Dawn stuff is coming soon too. I just molded a new Ugg spearman and I'm reworking the terror bird.

My priority is to finish War Rocket.  However, my writing partner John Douma and I are talking about a Retro Raygun skirmish game or starting the Primal Dawn game.  Both would be cool and I've got a lot of figures partially sculpted for Primal Dawn (and 8 races planned!)

Excellent, cannae wait. :D
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 01:13:13 AM »
I'll probably sculpt 2-3 poses of deathray troopers. I haven't started the slishbot tank, but I've got a few ideas.  It'll probably be resin an metal with colored transparent domes.

Matt

Hmm. I have enough projects I think I will just wait and see what that looks like when you do it...

Of course, considering what I want to use them for, I am tempted to try to talk you into crafting it as a tripod...  :D

Offline mrborges

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 02:24:05 AM »
I've been following Hydra's releases since the beginning.  It took me some months to finally order some figures, but once I did I was absolutely hooked.
So far I've picked up each of the Galacteer heroes and a squad of troopers, two squads of Legionnaires, a Warbot, a couple sets each of the worker bots and the hover bots, two sets of Vaardu Sprouts, the Buster Gordy and Xurr exclusive figures...I think that's it.
Every couple of months I picked up a new round of figures, and September/October will be no different.
And I'm also doing my best to help get War Rocket finished, but that's going even slower than my miniature painting!

At first I was not a fan of the Slishians, but with these newly worked ones, I'm becoming a fan.

Pretty much this entire release is fantastic.  Can't wait to get my hands on all of those Galacteers, and most likely the Aquaclops, and probably the Slishian when more come out.

What I'd like to see:
More Galacteer singles!
I'm so glad Dr. Zahn is finally coming to join the rest.
But I'd love to see another female figure, to join Jane.
That's my biggest request...other than keep 'em coming ;)