Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:57:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689506
  • Total Topics: 118282
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] 6mm Fantasy Crusader Kingdom  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Microworld Steve

• Lurker
[KICKSTARTER] 6mm Fantasy Crusader Kingdom
« on: September 16, 2020, 12:17:08 AM »
I've been in business for I think just about 12 years now, which is crazy to actually think about.  During that time we have managed to release 18 distinct fantasy armies, as well as a ton of other stuff across multiple genres and scales, the newest of which being the 3mm fantasy line.

A consequence of being an essentially one-man shop in a niche hobby is that I have an abundance of things I would like to release, but not always the resources to follow through.  In order to accelerate the release process for certain projects, I have launched our very first Kickstarter for a 6mm fantasy Crusader Kingdom army.

There are 6 codes available at launch with 8 more potentially unlocking across 4 stretch goals.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/microworld-games/6mm-fantasy-crusader-kingdom?ref=user_menu

https://www.microworldgames.com/

A sampling of some of the minis we are trying to bring into production can be seen below.  All infantry and cavalry sculpted by Martin Baker.  Angels and Nephilim sculpted by Dave Summers.

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
Re: [KICKSTARTER] 6mm Fantasy Crusader Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 12:39:01 AM »
Ooh... 6mm is my favourite scale for a reason  :D

How do people generally base their 6mm fantasy armies? I'm definitely thinking square/rectangle basing, but unsure of actual size... Maybe 60mm x 40mm as single bases? Or 40mm x 15mm with multiple bases per unit?

Offline Microworld Steve

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 12:44:35 PM »
I think it largely depends on the rules you are looking to use.  I typically base on 40x20's for compatibility with a variety of games, and I can always put a couple of bases together for games like Mayhem or Fantasy Rules! that use square basing.  That being said, I have seen folks use larger bases like 60x30's, and they look really impressive.

Offline Microworld Steve

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 05:11:04 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/microworld-games/6mm-fantasy-crusader-kingdom

Last couple days for the campaign, it has been a great success and a real learning experience for me.

Since it has been apparent the funding was secure, work on the moldmaking is already well underway.  I've also took the liberty of commissioning some extras, like this WIP honking big siege tower:

Offline dddd99

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 02:34:21 AM »
Microworld Steve, I haven't placed an order with you yet, but I am planning to soon after I finish my current painting batch. I love the idea of the skirmish packs and am thinking of getting between 3 and 6 to start with.

Anyway, keep up the great work.

Also, for 3mm have you ever thought about doing anything historical? 3mm Sengoku Jidai Samurai? I would buy that up in a heartbeat. I am thinking that would be an ideal scale for that type of warfare. (sorry off-topic)

In any case, I am glad you are expanding your range, no doubt you will get some business from me soon. I must have looked thru every image of your site deciding what to buy. lol I think it took me a long while which is a very good thing.