Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:02:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686476
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sellswords and Spellslingers game - Count Caralis curse  (Read 1539 times)

Offline 6mmfan

• Mad Scientist
    • https://6mm.wargaming.info
Sellswords and Spellslingers game - Count Caralis curse
« on: November 21, 2020, 05:47:00 AM »
Our last planned game with our parties was a game against Count Carali

We don’t have all the figure options so we chose to play the Werewolf option but randomise which items we could get. However in a major snaju I left the Werewolf figures behind so we had to scramble for something suitable.

In the end the Count had the Chaos Taint and was a Mutant Souldrinker with a strange assortment of figures.

The setup after deploying 16 villagers and the Count with his body guard. The red cultists were villagers but could easily be the Count’s supporters.

The setup
The terrain is mostly made by me with the buildings scratch built in the 90s GW style. The table fountain, cart and outhouse are 3D printed.

Mysterious Cultists

The first party started quite close to some villagers which was a bad move as they were cramped for space.

The second party had some fun as almost immediately a group of pigs attacked the PCs causing some grief.

This also triggered one of the mysterious cultist figures to reveal himself as a supporter of the Count and attack the party.

For the first few turns the going was tough as both parties experienced numerous ambushes and the armoured guards proved to be tough opponents with very effective armour saves!
Both parties attempted to advance but lots of activation failures kept them busy dealing with the results and enemy of those.

This party was ambushed 3 turns in a row with creatures bursting out from behind this hedge. The party fighters were having an off day and the Archer was taken out of action. Fortunately he survived unharmed thanks to a nearby healer.

Meanwhile most of the other party was busy fighting the Count’s bodyguard as well as lots of  Wandering monsters (Gnoll militia) and reinforcements.

And it continued to get worse, as almost all the party was fighting off Wandering monsters or Bodyguards

The party had finally cleared the extremely dangerous hedge, where 3 ambushes had been launched from!

Another group of Gnolls (militia) turn up!

Finally a breakthrough! After a few rolls of not many activations and wounds, the leader of the party Maelgwn, had an inspiring moment with some exceptional dice. He managed to kill the 2 armoured guards nearby allowing the party to regroup.

The other party had finally broken free of the attackers and were heading towards the count. However the party had suffered some wounds.

While the other party regrouped and tried some healing

The first fighter managed to close on the Count but didn’t score a wound. A fighter from the other party was close, but the remaining PCs of both parties were still a way back.

Disaster, as more reinforcements and ambushers arrived, and an Armoured guard killed the isolated Mage.

Hoping to kill the Count quickly and break the morale of his supporters, the Dwarf also charged the Count

And the fighter from the other party joined in, with the attacks taking their toll on the Count.

Meanwhile the resuscitated Archer was once again in strife. He was surrounded by 3 Gnolls (Militia) and an Armoured guard (who had killed the Mage). Could he hold on until the Count was killed or would he be out of action for the second time this game? 

The other party was slowly advancing with poor activations hampering them.

Finally the killing blow made by the Dwarf which ended the Counts life and the game!

It was a close game with the PCs struggling to make progress and the armour saves of the Guard and Militia proved very effective. Once again a close game with heavy losses during the game. Thankfully everyone survived the game without any lingering injuries

Postnote: we played this again using Werewolves and I will post some pictures n a few days.

Online Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
Re: Sellswords and Spellslingers game - Count Caralis curse
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 06:26:34 AM »
Great report, your table is fantastic.

Think I might have to put my sci fi campaign on hold and get some Sellswords and Spellslingers in.

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 01:23:49 PM »
Excellent report and a good looking table. That reminds me to dig out Count Carali's Curse and play it through again. I tried it with the madness option, but I've now got both a vampire "family" and a werewolf one to try out.
Plus I just picked up a great chaos mutanty thingy tp add in. :D

Offline 6mmfan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 07:30:04 PM »
Thanks, it is a great scenario and the extra cards/options  make it different every play through.

I'm still painting enough figures for all the options.

Offline The Great Mahoo

• Bookworm
    • Adventures on the Tabletop
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 08:41:39 PM »
Great write up!  Looks like loads of fun! Can't wait for the next installment.

I've been meaning to get SS&SS on the table, but haven't finiished getting the cards together yet.  I should have sprung for print-on-demand.

Offline 6mmfan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 10:40:22 AM »
Yeah I printed my own and cut them up. I printed them on paper and used card sleeves (tarot card size).

It was a lot of work and I think I would pay for it next time!

Offline The Great Mahoo

• Bookworm
    • Adventures on the Tabletop
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 08:06:00 PM »
Yeah I printed my own and cut them up. I printed them on paper and used card sleeves (tarot card size).

It was a lot of work and I think I would pay for it next time!
I printed them out, glued them to 3x5 cards and laminated them.  With the cost of the laminatant sheets and the time cutting and gluing, it would have been worth buying them!  I just need to finish the monster deck, but its the largest of them and I can't find the motivation to do so yet.

But after reading a couple of these reports, I am going to make it a priority!

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 10:52:23 AM »
Very nice report, and I really dig your figure collection. :D Can't wait to play these scenarios myself.