Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:02:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 9
Guests: 486
Total: 495

Recent

Author Topic: EU customers orders from North Star  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Andrew66

• Assistant
Re: EU customers orders from North Star
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2021, 09:40:52 PM »
Yes it was in spam folder

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2021, 08:38:46 PM »
I have received three orders so far Nick from other retailers, so far anything sent by normal post has got through, anything sent by courier has been hit with customs and handling fee.

I have three more orders arriving this week so I will see them, one is over €45, that will be the test I think.

Cheers
Matt

Offline anch_io

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2021, 09:04:50 AM »
I have received three orders so far Nick from other retailers, so far anything sent by normal post has got through, anything sent by courier has been hit with customs and handling fee.

Same thing here - order made with Foundry (ordered middle of December, went out 5th January   >:( ) sent tracked - after two week at the Customs I got hit with 25 pounds VAT + handling... And I've paid VAT at the UK

Order made with Warlord (26th December - Better Toys promo  :D ) as a courtesy sent tracked 3 January, just books and magazine - still waiting at the Customs.  ???

Order made with UK trader on ebay, sent by normal post on 18th January, I've received today, no hassle, no additional expenses.

As I've made a small order during the North Star newsletter promo, and the order is slightly higher than allowed 22 E (I think it is 25 E, but I am not certain) and I still have not received the confirmation mail that it has been sent, can I please please please get confirmation they are sent by the normal post. I don't care when it arrives, just when it arrives I do not have to deal with customs, courier services and the rest...

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2021, 12:30:24 PM »
We're sending everything by normal post, no worries.

Unfortunately I have to report one of our orders has been given a VAT charge. So far that's much less than 1% of orders, so it's good odds you won't be charged.

The chap who got charged said the irony was he'd ordered three times this year from us, and only one got a VAT charge on it. & it wasn't the biggest, or more expensive, I really think it's totally random. As we have removed the VAT from non-book products, although there may be a handling fee, you're not paying much more than you were last year from us.

And it all ends in July anyway when we go back to charging you VAT again. Oh the joys of business.

Offline Andrew66

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2021, 08:30:33 PM »
Received my order today no charges or vat , but I think it’s really random

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 03:12:07 PM »
I tend to agree with what others said above : it's the courier services that are most likely to levy a 'handling' (whatever that may be) charge on the parcels as many tend to seize every opportunity to hit their customers with additional fees (UPS are pretty bad in that regard but they are by no means an isolated case). On the other end, stuff sent via Royal Mail stands a very good chance of getting through hassle-free.

My own North Star January order to France (MO59412) has not dispatched yet (the 1672 figures awaiting additional casting no doubt) but I will shoot you an e-mail to let you know how things turned out when it arrives.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 06:41:29 PM »
Hi Arthur
Yes, we need to make some Dutch musketeers especially for you.
Nick

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2021, 02:16:29 PM »
Cheers for the heads-up, Nick. Take your time though : I took advantage of the January sale because it was a good deal but I don't need the figures particularly urgently. Given the January postal bottleneck between the UK and the EU, it is almost certainly a good thing that my parcel won't dispatch until this week or next.