Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:07:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Vietnam Rules  (Read 8862 times)

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
  • Z List Wargames Industry Celebrity
Re: Vietnam Rules
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2021, 01:26:37 PM »
Hi All,

I am responsible for The 'Nam rules, and have re-joined LAF after being away for a while.

The helicopter rules are optional, but will be revised in the first supplement, Fallen Dominoes, which I'm starting work on this month. This will cover the ANZACs, Montagnards, South Koreans and some other force org lists, plus the French Indo-China Wars and the British, Japanese and French War in 1945.

However, what I'll also be doing is adding a new reference sheet for some of the transport and AFVs that are relevant to the above, plus stats based upon the various helicopters used by the different forces.

Hope that helps,

Wayne
Remember: the dice are not your friends!

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2021, 02:21:00 PM »
Yes that would be of help indeed!!! anyway really nice rules!!!
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2021, 06:03:32 PM »
Very interesting future for this ruleset!

Offline Nickyc

• Schoolboy
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2021, 06:01:14 PM »
I did read there was going to be an FB page set up for the rules, is that correct? Thanks in advance.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2021, 08:10:29 PM »
I asked about rules for the Vietnam / 2nd SE Asia War about a year ago and recall Paul saying he knew of three forthcoming sets, though he declined to divulge further details, even when subjected to enhanced interrogation techniques.

12 months on the first of these appear to have emerged. Is any further intel  available as to the other two, or indeed any further contenders?

In the intervening period all I have heard is that a Battlegroup set may be devoted to the conflict, but this has not been confirmed, at least to my knowledge.

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2021, 08:40:37 PM »
Well thats two.

I also know of two others being worked on. No idea when or if they will be published but if so probably later in the year.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2021, 08:58:24 PM »
Thanks, Paul. I shall take that as a confirmation of Battlegroup ‘Nam.

There has also been Black Sun aka Weird War ‘Nam, which initially appeared interesting but from a review I read online seems a little half baked.

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2021, 09:36:24 PM »
Thats not on my list as I know nothing about it  ;)

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2021, 09:56:51 PM »
There’s little more frustrating than low grade intel, particularly when it looks like your HumInt asset may be working for Charlie. Nothing for it but to send out another LLRP and hope it makes it back.

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2021, 09:21:15 AM »
Hi, from what I know Warwick Kinrade is writing a set called “Nam 68”. It seems to have been under play test for about a year and indeed think there have been some pictures of test games on this forum. I don’t know if these are part of the “Battlegroup” series sold by Plastic Soldier or will be sold by Warwick’s company.

“Black Sun” published by Crucible Crush is more “Weird Nam” and I have seen them referred to as “Cthulhu ‘68”. I think Northstar stock them together with an accompanying range of Bob March’s Pulp Figures.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2021, 09:29:54 AM »
Thanks for the clarification re Warwick Kinrade’s rules. I haven’t seen any specific posts about them, but I’ve been away from LAF - and the internet - for about six weeks, in addition to being generally unobservant.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 10:21:44 AM by Andrew_McGuire »

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2021, 09:57:44 AM »
“Black Sun” published by Crucible Crush is more “Weird Nam” and I have seen them referred to as “Cthulhu ‘68”. I think Northstar stock them together with an accompanying range of Bob March’s Pulp Figures.
They are "only" sculpted by Bob Murch for Crucible Crush. So, Northstar sell them, but under the Companie called Crucible Crush. They also have this range of Pre-European Woodland Indians in the Murch-Style (Made by Bob Murch).
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2021, 09:59:39 AM »
Thanks for the clarification re Warwick Kinrade’s rules. I haven’t seen any specific posts about them, but I’ve Ben away from LAF - and the internet - for about six weeks, in addition to being generally unobservant.
Have a look here, maybe it helps: http://warwickkinrade.blogspot.com/2020/07/nam-68-wip.html

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2021, 10:26:12 AM »
Thank you for that. The test games described seemed to have the flavour of Vietnam firefights that we’re familiar with from books and films, and the rules will definitely be worth looking out for.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2021, 01:01:10 PM »
Thank you for that. The test games described seemed to have the flavour of Vietnam firefights that we’re familiar with from books and films, and the rules will definitely be worth looking out for.
We have to wait very long for it, I'm afraid... :'(