Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:00:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686553
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Desert Terrain Kickstarter by THMiniatures  (Read 824 times)

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
[Commercial] Desert Terrain Kickstarter by THMiniatures
« on: January 25, 2021, 06:23:36 PM »
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [Commercial] Desert Terrain Kickstarter by THMiniatures
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 10:36:22 PM »
I will second how great this terrain is. I picked up their jungle terrain on kickstarter about a year and a half ago, and received it about 4 months later making it 1 year ago today. I painting it (taking about a week to paint about 40 pieces) and just finished painting it up last week....all I can say is WOW!!!

This company really knows how to make terrain. I had no issues with mold lines, the scenery has great detail and is very easy to paint. The painting tutorial booklet provides pictures for every step (if you so desire to follow it) and has a great description for each step including the colours needed to paint it using Americana acrylic paints. Once I finished painting it all up, it reminded me of the jungle treks I have had in Mexico and Beliz.

Go support this company as it provides high quality and reasonable prices for your gaming table needs.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 10:48:10 PM »
I will second how great this terrain is. I picked up their jungle terrain on kickstarter about a year and a half ago, and received it about 4 months later making it 1 year ago today. I painting it (taking about a week to paint about 40 pieces) and just finished painting it up last week....all I can say is WOW!!!

This company really knows how to make terrain. I had no issues with mold lines, the scenery has great detail and is very easy to paint. The painting tutorial booklet provides pictures for every step (if you so desire to follow it) and has a great description for each step including the colours needed to paint it using Americana acrylic paints. Once I finished painting it all up, it reminded me of the jungle treks I have had in Mexico and Beliz.

Go support this company as it provides high quality and reasonable prices for your gaming table needs.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)

Great to know about the Jungle! I just got the box set a month ago and i'm about to paint it. I've gotten their Ruins, Ragnarok, elves, wolves, scorpion, and now this set... it's the best stuff on my table! And it is VERY easy to paint. Usually just a colored spray primer and a couple lighter drybrushings then a few detail colors on things.. the details on the sculpting picks up the dryybrushing like a champ!

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 12:39:39 PM »
Hi Gibby64;
You are correct....very easy to paint and when it's done it looks fantastic!! I am very glad I spent the money I did on the jungle terrain kickstarter. Now I just need a nice warm, low humidity day to clear coat it!! Damn cold Canadian winters!!
Regards,
Hitan
 8)