Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:29:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bloodborne - The board game (June 15: Hunter Axe & Chikage hunters)  (Read 22879 times)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (Sept. 21: Last Church Giant done!)
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2022, 03:25:54 PM »
Finally an update again. This time two more Hunters: the Burial Blade and the Threaded Cane. The Hunter with Burial Blade is actually a resin model from Klukva Miniatures. Absolutely gorgeous and extremely well cast with perfect detail. It is a bit larger than the official PVC miniatures, but I don't mind. I just want pretty miniatures on the table :)

[bHunter with Burial Blade[/b]

Hunter with Threaded Cane & Cannon

« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:18:06 PM by Malebolgia »
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (March 15: 2 more hunters)
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2022, 04:02:07 PM »
Looking good!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2022, 08:51:51 PM »
superb paint-jobs  :-*

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2022, 08:35:37 AM »
Glad to see this is still ongoing. Lovely.

Now I'm kinda wanting to see Elden Ring in miniatures. Bloodborne and the Demon's Souls remaster are still two of my all-time favourite games, but I think Elden Ring is the top dog now.  :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2022, 09:09:13 AM »
Glad to see this is still ongoing. Lovely.

Now I'm kinda wanting to see Elden Ring in miniatures. Bloodborne and the Demon's Souls remaster are still two of my all-time favourite games, but I think Elden Ring is the top dog now.  :)

Yeah, I REALLY want to play Elden Ring! But I first want to have a PS5 to get the best graphical experience...
Not the same, but related: have you seen Bestiarium Miniatures on Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/BestiarumMiniatures )? Not exactly Soulsborne copies, but the style is so cool and similar to that of the From Soft games. Really loving them and my mate is printing almost everything from this month to add to my collection of dark fantasy models  8)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2022, 01:11:11 PM »
Oh yeah, those have the From Software vibe all over them, don't they? Love 'em. Would really like to get and paint up some of them.

I was really lucky to totally avoid the whole PS5s playing hard to get thing. Last year I got an email direct from Sony, effectively saying 'we've got a PS5 reserved for you, do you want it?' and so I've been enjoying the gorgeous Demon's Souls remake (and Bloodborne - you can play your PS4 games on it too) and now Elden Ring. Am enjoying Elden Ring immensely.

Also I've played Jedi: Fallen Order, which really really is trying to be Star Wars Dark Souls. So I seem to have totally been captured by Soulsborne and Souls-likes, and it's all your fault, Malebolgia.  :)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2022, 01:28:46 PM »
Hahaha, did you play Dark Souls 3 too? Really recommend it. It's more similar to Bloodborne in play style than oldskool Dark Souls. And it has some epic bosses and areas. And I cannot wait to play all the "old" games on PS5 with way quicker loading times too
I also -really- like Monster Hunter: World. It's somewhat similar in that it's basically a boss fight game and heavily focuses on skilful use of gear, dodges and guarding but it has way more depth in gameplay. It is veeeery shallow in terms of story and has more of an anime style to it, but I am now 450 hours into it and I still have so much more to do in the game. Not the easiest game to get into because of all of the options, skills, weapon variety, etc. but if you like that type of game...it is fantastic!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2022, 08:42:18 AM »
And three more models done...Hunter mobs. Probably the weakest models from the entire Kickstarter. So not that enjoyable to paint with all the soft detail. I did convert all of them for more variety. So I gave 1 a cleaver and rope molotov, the second a sabre and with the last one I rebent the model to give ita very different pose.

Next up will be the last two Church Servants! These should bea lot more fun to paint.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:21:03 PM by Malebolgia »

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (Mar26: 3 hunter mobs)
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2022, 11:13:31 AM »
Lovely job, even if they weren't fun to do.

You know, that the firebombs in Bloodborne are called 'Molotovs' in-universe always bothers the hell out of me. It is so immersion-breaking. I mean, do the Soviet Union, the Winter War and Vyacheslav Molotov exist somewhere in that world? Can you walk from Yharnam to Moscow?  Oh well, it isn't important. :)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (Mar26: 3 hunter mobs)
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2022, 10:06:26 AM »
And now for something completely different! But related.
Me and two mates have been playing miniature (board) games for a long time now and some years back we also started with playing coop on PS4...and Bloodborne was one of the games we played and enjoyed a lot together. Last Saturday we met up to play offline again, FINALLY. COVID of course made this hard to do, but now we could get together again to play some Bloodborne the board game for real! And it was glorious. But we also wanted to give the host a cool gift. And we came up with the idea to make blood vials for him, filled with his favourite bourbon: Bulleit. I ordered glass bottles and started weathering with sanding paper and wire brushes. I then made them dirty with some washes. In the meantime I had also made labels in photoshop and died some paper in tea for the best colour. I stuck the labels to the bottles with some Mod Podge and finally added some more washes and stains to finish them off.
Time to fill them! I poured in the Bulleit and then added food colouring to tint the bourbon and make them actual Blood Vials. Pop a cork in and done! I also bought a cheap chest and used wood stain to get that typical dark brown look and now he has 11 blood vials at home.
Later I also found 3 long thin vials at a thrift store and thought these would be great as Iosefka's Blood vials as these are longer and thinner. The whole process remained the same, but I filled it with cheap Glen Taloch as it has a nice yellow colour.
We met last Saturday and the gifts were well received! And of course, we played some awesome games of Bloodborne the board game together. Being able to enjoy some games offline together was such a blast. And he used the Blood Vials as health points in the game, so cool!

You know, that the firebombs in Bloodborne are called 'Molotovs' in-universe always bothers the hell out of me. It is so immersion-breaking. I mean, do the Soviet Union, the Winter War and Vyacheslav Molotov exist somewhere in that world? Can you walk from Yharnam to Moscow?  Oh well, it isn't important. :)

Hahaha, I felt the exact same way. It just felt off in a game that is otherwise so good and correct in terms of fluff and lore. Glad I'm not the only one  :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:24:47 PM by Malebolgia »

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (March 28: Blood Vials...)
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2022, 04:22:22 PM »
Oh wow, what a cool and thoughtful gift.

Though a little too realistic-looking for me to want to drink out of them, maybe. Unless of course I was desperately low on health.  :)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (April 8: Vicar Amelia)
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2022, 11:46:51 AM »
Cheers man! I am now also working on two more sets for myself, but then filled with dyed mineralised water.

And an update...a fast one! Vicar Amelia. A special boss for me, as this was the first boss I was stuck on for a while in the video game during my first playthrough. I was quite underleveled and wasn't very good at the game yet. So she was HARD and it took me countless of attempts. But in the end she went down and it was glorious. So it felt special to paint her. And it went bloody fast too, less than an hour I think. With some zenithal priming, washes and drybrushes most of the model was completed in no time. Only 5 more and the core box is done for me!

Next up will be the last two Church Servants...both converted!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:25:39 PM by Malebolgia »

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2022, 02:22:47 PM »
crikey, less than an hour for a figure looking like that ...  o_o

you're getting spectacular results.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2022, 09:41:42 AM »
Sweet. Fantastic job.

I have fond memories of this boss. Just looks so cool when thrashing about, and the arena (the interior of a big gothic church where you later also fight a really nasty NPC), is quite memorable too. Unlike you, I managed to get her first try, or in a couple of tries at least (memory is a bit vague but I have no recollection of a frustrating time). I think I must have got lucky, but using fire paper helped too.  :)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2022, 03:49:01 PM »
Yeah, it is interesting how different each boss can be. For example, I did Orphan and Gehrman in one attempt, but Maria took me aaaaaages. Nowadays I can kill her in one attempt to with some nifty parrying though. Same goes for Amelia, on my last attempt I used fire paper and a beast blood pellet...and 20 seconds later she was dead 😁