Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:24:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: FEAR OF THE DARK solo horror skirmish wargame  (Read 16866 times)

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Re: FEAR OF THE DARK solo horror skirmish wargame
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 04:55:43 AM »
Well.......... yes I want to know more

After seeing this post and reading your blog, I decided to pick up the rules & I’m really enjoying reading them & can’t wait to start playing  :D

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2021, 10:15:50 AM »
Well.......... yes I want to know more

After seeing this post and reading your blog, I decided to pick up the rules & I’m really enjoying reading them & can’t wait to start playing  :D

Hope you like it!!!
Fear of the Dark skirmish wargame blog (rules, scenarios, general articles...)

https://fearofthedarkskirmishwargame.blogspot.com/

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2021, 10:16:53 AM »
I played solo a new scenario for Fear of the Dark skirmish wargame.

It was quite tense and entertaining, and was difficult to make it alive as the characters had to fight their way towards the objective of the scenario through waves of creatures.

Hope you like the battle report!

https://fearofthedarkskirmishwargame.blogspot.com/2021/04/fear-of-dark-aar-battle-report-2.html?m=1

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2021, 09:15:13 PM »
Yes, I’m really enjoying them.

Great report, looking forward to you getting your pc fixed & being able to release it.

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2021, 02:46:38 PM »
Yes, I’m really enjoying them.

Great report, looking forward to you getting your pc fixed & being able to release it.

Thanks a lot!

The scenario is already handwritten, so, as soon as the pc is fixed I'll write it properly, select a few pictures and make the layout to make it available for free for all customers.

I'm working as well in a short campaign, but it's taking some time as it is getting longer than I expected. I hope to make it available soon, but maybe I try something new (that I have to make available for players). As you can see I don't want to make any spoiler, but I think it is going to be funny.

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2021, 08:03:12 PM »
Thanks a lot!

The scenario is already handwritten, so, as soon as the pc is fixed I'll write it properly, select a few pictures and make the layout to make it available for free for all customers.

I'm working as well in a short campaign, but it's taking some time as it is getting longer than I expected. I hope to make it available soon, but maybe I try something new (that I have to make available for players). As you can see I don't want to make any spoiler, but I think it is going to be funny.

That’s great news.
I’d best get me finger out & finish painting my Vatican Paranormal Investigation Team finished then & buy some demons (or just something other than Zombies) :D

Offline Clach Umha

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2021, 01:31:11 AM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 06:09:16 AM by Clach Umha »
Getting excited & making jokes about dropping Nepalm on little Asian Children in a Viet' village doesn't make it ok just because 'it's wargaming & not real'. You wanker scum need to look again at the real photographic horror of such chemical weapons. Seriously Disgusting mind set amongst some you.

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2021, 02:19:56 PM »
I hope you like the game, as it is designed from the very beginning as a solo wargame. It can be played in coop style, but works perfect solo.
Once you play it, don't hesitate to post your pictures!!

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2021, 09:30:29 AM »
A new free scenario for Fear of the Dark skirmish wargame is now available for free to all of you.

The characters are called by a friend, Jeremy Hikes, known to be an experienced "book hunter".

Very used to walk libraries and antique dealers waiting to get a book of dark arts for almost nothing and resell it for a fortune.

Jeremy has bought a really interesting book...

Interesting enough to call the characters and show it to them, as it contains very important information.

But there is a problem, someone else wants that book, and it is the kind of person you don´t want to have as an enemy...

This is the starting point for this thrilling new scenario, this is the first one but it´s not going to be the last, as I´m working in a short campaign that will also be available for free.

To get this free scenario, just visit your Wargamevault.com profile, and in the Fear of the Dark folder (created when you bought the game) you´ll see that a new file has been added, you just have to download it for free.

This scenario is the way I have to tell you:

THANKS A LOT FOR SUPPORTING THIS PROJECT.

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2021, 03:28:54 PM »
A second free scenario has been added to Fear of the Dark skirmish wargame:

A fine rain falls behind the windscreen of the car as the characters drive through the night across a lost road.

In the distance, illuminated by the headlights of the vehicle, they can glimpse a white figure that is motionless on the shoulder.

As they approach the figure, they see her more clearly, seeing a woman dressed in white, with blood all over her hands and face, staring at the ground.

When they are only a few meters away, the woman suddenly raises her head and looks at them with empty eyes, rushing towards them in the middle of the road...

This is the intro for this thrilling scenario. I hope you enjoy it.
And as always... THANKS FOR SUPPORTING THIS PROJECT
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 03:30:57 PM by tereydavi »

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2021, 11:59:49 PM »
A FAQ file has been added to the game. It's a summary of the questions and doubts that plasters have had.

If there are mire questions, the file will be updated.

Everything that I make (scenarios, FAQ... ) is uploaded to wargamevault and can be found into de Fear of the Dark folder, just go to your profile and download it for free.

Thanks for supporting this project!

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2021, 10:18:51 PM »
As I have been a ww2 wargame player for such a long time, I'm thinking on making a ww2 / weird ww2 version of Fear of the Dark.

It would be a more combat oriented wargame, although it still would have part of the narrative style seen in Fear of the Dark.

It would be a solo wargame and would involve small skirmishes during world War 2, and the weird component would be optional, as there would be scenarios that would be strictly ww2 and other scenarios that would be weird ww2.

The game system would be similar to Fear of the Dark, although the combat system would be enhanced to become more tactic and combat-oriented.

The following battle reports are an example of what could be done with the game, I hope you like it and expect your comments:

https://fearofthedarkskirmishwargame.blogspot.com/2021/05/battle-report-fear-of-dark-weird-ww2.html?m=1

https://fearofthedarkskirmishwargame.blogspot.com/2021/07/battle-report-fear-of-dark-weird-ww2.html?m=1

What do you think?

Would you be interested in a ww2 solo skirmish wargame with a weird component?

Offline Kikuchiyo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2021, 07:37:49 AM »
That does sound cool - might end up stretching it to post/cold war myself as thats my miniature collection but otherwise the concept is interesting

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2021, 12:27:45 AM »
A new scenario has been added to Fear of the Dark, this is the seventh scenario of the game, and ot won´t be the last one....

"Til death do us part" is a story about love... true love...

Love can drive you crazy, and you do crazy things for love... It seems that love and madness go always together...

What would you dare to do for love?

This is the introduction for this scenario, to get it for free just log in your wargamevault profile and look in the Fear of the Dark folder, you may download and enjoy it.

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2021, 04:44:52 PM »
I bought the game a while back but Cthulu is not really my thing (mainly as I don't have the minis or terrain).

I have, however, commandeered some of your ideas to make another system work solo for me.

Thanks for the inspiration.