Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686502
  • Total Topics: 118105
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Five Parsecs from Home sold/licensed to Modiphius, new material and art  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Rhelyk

• Librarian

Modiphius just announced they're releasing a new version of Five Parsecs from Home, a revised 2nd ed with additional content and completely revamped art and graphics layout. Can't tell if it's licensed or if they bought it outright from Nordic Weasel, but I checked my DrivethroughRPG stuff and while I still have access to the 1st and 2nd ed stuff already purchased in my library the actual pages for Five Parsecs have been removed. A lot of his other Five Core system games are still up on DrivethroughRPG, but Five Parsecs looks like it'll be Modiphius only. Book in mid-April, PDF already available now w/ preorder. I will most likely wait for a physical release as I haven't played 2nd nearly enough as it is, but the new book is very, VERY pretty and I'd like to get a nice color hardback one eventually. I have some of the Infinity RPG books by Modiphius and they're excellent quality.

https://www.modiphius.net/products/five-parsecs-from-home

Five Parsecs From Home is a solo adventure wargame where you assemble a ragtag crew of galactic trailblazers and head out to explore the stars, pick up jobs, and every now and then —  engage in some action-packed, sci-fi combat!

Battles are procedurally generated with huge combinations of enemies, weapons, battlefield circumstances and objectives whether fighting rivals or carrying out jobs.

With each encounter you earn experience and loot, progressing your crew and story as you send your crew to look for contacts, trade, explore the colony, recruit replacements or train up their skills.

The game is playable with any miniatures you have on hand and requires only a small number to get started, making it ideal for both experienced and new science fiction gamers.

184 page full-colour Royal Size (15.6cm x 23.4cm) hardback book perfect for the tabletop, packed full of full-colour art
A fast-moving system, built for solo gaming from the ground up.
Create a wide range of characters whether human, alien or robot.*
Miniatures agnostic - use whatever you have
After each battle, your crew may die from their injuries or level up and find new items and information.
Upgrade your starship with expansion modules *
Procedurally generate a huge array of possible missions, with more than 50 enemy types.
Random tables for towns, trade, character events and starship travel.
5 difficulty settings and super-hard Black and Red Zone jobs*
Extensive options for Game Mastering scenarios, allowing complex RPG-like campaigns to be played with connected scenario plots, environmental hazards and factional conflict.*
7 stage narrative solo campaign*

This is a full retail edition of the community favourite solo sci-fi wargame by Ivan Sorensen of Nordic Weasel games and comes with lots of new content (noted with a * above), full graphic layout design and lots of stunning full-colour art throughout.

NOTE we will be going to print in mid April so if you would like to contribute error reports please email support@modiphius.com with the subject heading FIVE PARSECS proofing - thank you!

Offline Billchuck

• Scientist
    • Velociengineer.net
It's big and pretty and has a lot of new content.

Ivan posted a FAQ on his blog at http://fivemennormandy.blogspot.com/2021/03/five-parsecs-new-version-faq.html

Offline Rhelyk

• Librarian
Those changes sound excellent, and a lot more than simply a revised 2nd ed. I'll need to wait for the US distribution to get sorted out, but this looks great

Offline Billchuck

• Scientist
    • Velociengineer.net
Those changes sound excellent, and a lot more than simply a revised 2nd ed. I'll need to wait for the US distribution to get sorted out, but this looks great

Looks like you will be able to preorder it with US-based shipping next month, and it should be available retail as well.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
This is great news!

And really great news about US-friendly shipping.

Modiphius is current quoting 22GBP shipping for a 25GBP book !

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Such great news for Ivan, so chuffed for him.

On the above - he;s definitely said legacy content will be reavailable but in some sort of rationalised, legacy pack which is pretty generous really. Preordered last night, the PDF is really good - should compliment upcoming Stargrave stuff nicely.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
This is great news!

And really great news about US-friendly shipping.

Modiphius is current quoting 22GBP shipping for a 25GBP book !

International shipping has never been worse in my lifetime than it is right now, and it's only likely to get worse.  Ordering single items was never a good idea, and these days its not viable at all.