Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:20:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Sven's Fantasy Miniatures  (Read 8241 times)

Offline Sven Ironhand

• Assistant
Re: Sven's Fantasy Miniatures
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2021, 02:30:19 AM »

Ignore the Space Wolves in the background,  lol. Here's the entire army thus far, on our coffee table.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long! The arrow swift, the gate is strong! The heart is bold that looks on gold, the Dwarfs no more shall suffer wrong!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2021, 02:46:02 AM »
Looking good! Always great to see more Oathmark Dwarves!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Sven Ironhand

• Assistant
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2021, 08:06:52 PM »
Dwarfs do not worship their ancestors. This, they say, is blasphemy. Galimir, they maintain to the consternation of men and elves, is the only god worthy of worship. Rather, they venerate their ancestors. Veneration of ancestors takes many forms. Graven idols, masks, and icons on banners are all common representations of ancestors amongst the various Dwarf kindreds.

Generally, the faces of these ancestors will be gilded, bearded, and stern. Including the women. Especially the women. As is well known, the Dwarf society is a patriarchal one. Women ancestors, while they hold a place co-equal to their famous husbands, are generally given male traits to ease the discomfort of their descendants.

EDIT: I ripped it off and made another one using Paint.Net.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 12:00:02 AM by Sven Ironhand »

Offline Sven Ironhand

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2021, 02:33:55 PM »
A little teaser of what's to come next. I picked up the Siege Gun along with three of its crew off of EBay a while back, and I have yet to paint it. That's to change.

Offline Sven Ironhand

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2021, 02:31:19 AM »
They stood shoulder to shoulder. Their differences settled, the brothers fought as one.

Well, I lied. Here's King Horek and his brother Ulfskar. How different in aspect they are! Probably going to do more with King Horek, like add a banner pole behind him. I was thinking a setup like with King Kazador. Probably going to have to paint that seperately.

Offline Sven Ironhand

• Assistant
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2021, 12:58:19 AM »

Here's the Siege Gun. Going to run it as a "catapult". I'll post a short piece of fiction to accompany it once I finish the crew.

“What’s all this, then?” Ulfskar tramped up to the three Dwarfs his brother had called down from the North. He didn’t think much of them. They were strangely clad, in clothes of colorful, fine fabrics. “What are you lot up to?” His eyes fell upon a strange, wide brass tube on a carriage of sorts.

“Ah, Prince Ulfskar! The Hound of Sceard himself! It’s a pleasure to see you.” The eyes of their leader, a lad who was barely thirty, lit up with glee. His beard was the color of flax, shaggy and unkempt. Ulfskar thought the least of him. “You’re interested in our cannon, are you not?”

“Your…” He struggled with the strange word. “Cannon?” A red eyebrow was raised. “What in the Maker’s name?”

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 02:18:58 AM by Sven Ironhand »

Offline Sven Ironhand

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 06:00:42 PM »
Hi! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Anyhow, one of my thoughts for expanding my Oathmark was faux-Middenheim. I've been looking at the Perry Brothers' Mounted Men At Arms kit for "Knights of the White Wolf"/Human Heavy Cavalry.

I have a question for the forum-goers. Do you know of any "Viking" heads that would fit the Men at Arms kit well? I don't want to just do knights with greenstuff pelts.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 06:41:21 PM »
I have a question for the forum-goers. Do you know of any "Viking" heads that would fit the Men at Arms kit well? I don't want to just do knights with greenstuff pelts.

The Victrix Viking heads would fit the bill, but they might be a bit big for the Perry men-at-arms. They're certainly very hairy, though, and there are one or two on the command sprue with animal pelts on their heads.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 08:20:25 AM »
Here's how they look (on Perry foot knights). I don't think they're too bad; the very hairy one looks a bit big, but as you can see from his bald friend, it's mainly the hair. If you add cloaks, etc., I think any incongruity will be lost in the overall effect.

There are, though, only four bare-headed heads on the basic Victrix Viking sprue. But there are another two on the command sprue, plus two with bear pelts, which would could be lupinised fairly easily, I'd have thought (maybe even just paint them white?).

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 09:49:38 AM »
Also, I believe that the Agincourt knights from the Perrys are slightly bigger than the 15th-century ones (though the kits are compatible). So you might get a slightly better fit with those.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 10:26:28 AM »
The Gripping Beast plastic dark age light infantry are a perfect fit for the Perry Knights :)
Interesting thread  :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Sven Ironhand

• Assistant
Re: Sven's Fantasy Miniatures - Herneas the Hunter WIP and Insta Link
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2021, 02:36:33 AM »
While I'm waiting on those Men at Arms, here are some WIP shots of a Herneas the Hunter I have lying about. Reading into the Free Dwarf lore some, so I went for a very blue color scheme. Probably going to use him as a Champion or a Captain.

Also, I did what all the cool kids do and made an Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/ulfskar

Offline Sven Ironhand

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2021, 03:05:19 AM »
The completed Herneas. I took stock of everything I have, and I have enough Dwarfs for a 500 pts list in Warhammer Armies Project. Nothing too complex. Just a Thane, 10x Quarrellers, 15x Warriors, and Cannon. So I'm going to play a couple of games of that to get an idea of how that plays.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 11:30:03 AM by Sven Ironhand »

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2021, 12:08:58 PM »
Great painting on the dwarf - will you be finishing his base as an individual or will he be part of a scenic base with others? Either way, I am looking forward to seeing the completed force.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2021, 02:03:04 PM »
Hi! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Anyhow, one of my thoughts for expanding my Oathmark was faux-Middenheim. I've been looking at the Perry Brothers' Mounted Men At Arms kit for "Knights of the White Wolf"/Human Heavy Cavalry.

I built a Knight of the White Wolf using Perry Agincourt knights, arms from the 1450-1500 M@A and a head from Victrix Vikings. I don't have it here at the moment, but may post pictures at a later point.
I think it works well, the head is one of the hairier ones and doesn't look very big.

Edit: Found a picture and attached it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 09:46:42 PM by Gandalf the G »