Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:41:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689607
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warriors of the Reconquista! Grandmaster Order of Calatrava 08/02/2023  (Read 29243 times)

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Fabulous sculpts with a great paint job!  Does the horse come attached to a base?

Thank you. :)
There is no base attached to the horse.

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
My next knight will be finished early this week.

But look at the May release! :-* What to paint first?

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
Clearly, you paint the infantry/ standard bearer/ Almoravid horseman and Ramon Berenguer first. Probably.

I’ve now got some of these on the way. Exciting stuff!

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Clearly, you paint the infantry/ standard bearer/ Almoravid horseman and Ramon Berenguer first. Probably.

I’ve now got some of these on the way. Exciting stuff!

Great to hear! You will enjoy it!  :D

I will start painting in that order.  ;)

But first I need to finish this one:

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
They are a bit special. I'd love to have one in my hand to see what's what.

Unfortunately I don't have a 3D printer, have even less of an idea of what exactly to do with a 3D printer to get to to erm.... print etc etc.  lol

Are the models available from anywhere to buy printed out?

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
They are a bit special. I'd love to have one in my hand to see what's what.

Unfortunately I don't have a 3D printer, have even less of an idea of what exactly to do with a 3D printer to get to to erm.... print etc etc.  lol

Are the models available from anywhere to buy printed out?

He sells them on ebay:
https://www.benl.ebay.be/sch/georgiosgalazoulas/m.html?item=254958704410&hash=item3b5cb9171a%3Ag%3AcM4AAOSwYJVgg4MH&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

There are also a couple of 3D printing companies that sell them, but they are located in the US.
https://two-idiots-printing-service.myshopify.com/ (I have ordered from them, before I got my 3D printer and the quality is good)

It depends on the resin you use, but the prints I did are more durable than resin and metal and I have also the impression that it's a bit more sturdier than plastic.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 07:57:04 AM by Tonhel »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
He sells them on ebay:
https://www.benl.ebay.be/sch/georgiosgalazoulas/m.html?item=254958704410&hash=item3b5cb9171a%3Ag%3AcM4AAOSwYJVgg4MH&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

There are also a couple of 3D printing companies that sell them, but they are located in the US.
https://two-idiots-printing-service.myshopify.com/ (I have ordered from them, before I got my 3D printer and the quality is good)

It depends on the resin you use, but the prints I did are more durable than resin and metal and I have also the impression that it's a bit more sturdier than plastic.

Wow! Not cheap! That's three times the price one  would pay for metals over here in the UK. Postage on top of that too :( Granted there is much more variation and life in these miniatures so I can certainly see the attraction. I might buy a few and see how I go- maybe for a vignette or two :)

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Wow! Not cheap! That's three times the price one  would pay for metals over here in the UK. Postage on top of that too :( Granted there is much more variation and life in these miniatures so I can certainly see the attraction. I might buy a few and see how I go- maybe for a vignette or two :)

It's only cheaper than metal when you print it yourself. Otherwise it is way more expensive than metal figures. The only big cost is the printer, but after that the mini's are really cheap to print. The resin is the only cost. Around 0,20 euro for a mounted figure.

I am looking forward to buy some Victrix Normans and see how they compare scale wise. Altough with the production time of plastic sets, I will have a huge variety of Spanish / Almoravids troops types before Victrix releases their Norman Cavalry.

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
I really like this part. Seems useful for a lot of different stuff.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
So, bearing in mind that I have no experience of 3D prints, how easy is it to remove the supports?

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
Atheling, I have three mates you have 3-D printers. They all say that unless you are really going to get into it, and understand the "engineering" behind it, be careful. It is almost a hobby in its own right. Obviously lots of people are buying them but I am being cautious.

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
So, bearing in mind that I have no experience of 3D prints, how easy is it to remove the supports?

Imo easy, ofcourse not so easy as i.e a Claymore Casting Early HYW mini, but those casts are perfect.

After printing, I clean in alcohol, than wash it in water, than in hot water to weaken the supports and than I remove it. Mostly it's very easy to remove. All in all, it's around the same time as removing parts from a plastic sprue, but with the benefit that there almost no seperate parts.

Atheling, I have three mates you have 3-D printers. They all say that unless you are really going to get into it, and understand the "engineering" behind it, be careful. It is almost a hobby in its own right. Obviously lots of people are buying them but I am being cautious.

Yes and no. I can only speak about my experiences. I bought my first printer (Phrozen Sonic mini 4k with Phrozen 4K resin) late march and I use chitibox. The most difficult part is the settings in Chitibox combined with the resin you chose. In the beginning I had perfect prints and than I started to experiment with the settings. It was a bad idea.  ;) Now I use my first settings and everything works great.

But SJWi is correct that if you want to understand the "engineering" and all the settings than it's a hobby on itself. But for me it is place the models in chitibox, slice and save it on usb. Turn on the printer, chose the file and print. So now it's easy.  ;)
These are currently my settings:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 12:17:01 PM by Tonhel »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Thanks Tonhel,

Yeah, I think the 3Dprpinting thing all a bit over my head at the moment.

It is something that I want to look into and will certainly come back to.

SJWi, it isn't something that I'm looking to invest in at present. I was asking about buying the models already printed. I assume they would be sent with the supports attached?

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Thanks Tonhel,

Yeah, I think the 3Dprpinting thing all a bit over my head at the moment.

It is something that I want to look into and will certainly come back to.

SJWi, it isn't something that I'm looking to invest in at present. I was asking about buying the models already printed. I assume they would be sent with the supports attached?

The two idiot printing service is with support attached. I think that the mini's on ebay have the supports removed, but I am not 100% certain.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
The two idiot printing service is with support attached. I think that the mini's on ebay have the supports removed, but I am not 100% certain.

Thanks again. I'll enquire later :)