Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Announcing the 2021 Build Something Competition, Theme and Rules  (Read 25602 times)

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Re: Announcing the 2021 Build Something Competition, Theme and Rules
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2021, 04:45:49 PM »
I sent my entry in... twice... from 2 different email addresses, just to be sure. :)

Offline Eliot

• Assistant
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2021, 05:34:06 PM »
Hi folks-

I hoped to build something for this contest but unfortunately I ended up with one of those job things that were popular before the pandemic. So you can strike my name off the list. Good luck to everyone I will keep my eyes on it. Everything is very inspiring.

Cheers,

Eliot

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2021, 08:47:05 PM »
I couldn't do much in the last couple of weeks but today painted the bases I managed to finish, so at least I will have something to show.

Bear Pirates Go To Hell!

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2021, 03:05:15 PM »
Have sent a photo in....albeit it’s ended up being a bit hurried to say the least  :(

Had planned on spending today working on it, but instead I’ve spent the whole day getting my car fixed, and going to be away from home now until possibly Sunday night  ;D

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2021, 08:26:19 PM »
Nah, you've made your initial "I'm in" post, so you can totally start work on this on the evening of June 5th and submit your photos on deadline on June 6th...  lol

Sad because 100% true. :'(

The heavily condensed plot of my spring has been that I moved in March at a shortish notice. All the packing, unpacking and paperwork was total murder as expected. After that I knew there would be some (or a bunch) of things to sort in the new place, but their true extent has only been revealed gradually. Pretty much everything in here has been at least somewhat wonky, thus it's been a continuous "build something" challenge in 1:1 scale for two months straight. Complemented by computer issues and hassle with taxes and whatnot. All work and no play. No fun.

At this point the sensible thing would be to admit that nothing is going to materialise. Then again, right now it feels that there could be some light at the end of the tunnel. What I'm planning shouldn't take that many hours. Could it happen in a weekend? Maybe, if I postpone a couple of things that also should be done ASAP, yet they don't totally ruin everything if delayed a bit more (unlike the previous matters). More importantly, I just don't consider myself a quitter. I'd hate myself for throwing in the towel without even trying.

So, let's see. If I somehow manage to make it happen, it obviously won't be any spectacular entry, but it should be something built. No more excuses or explanations here, just trying to get to work. I'll tell the other stories later. :-I

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Folks, as you can tell I have not been very visible the last few weeks. I work in a very stressful times and profession, and in the name of full disclosure I have suffered some health issues related to that, that's why. The thing is I will do so up till the next two weeks (or Sprint period as we aptly call in a Agile methodology process). I suggest both for my sanity and your benefit that we push the deadline two weeks. If I hear many voices crying out dissent we will keep the deadline, but I will nevertheless not be able to organize the voting till in the next weekend, at the earliest.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2021, 06:50:58 AM »
My vote is to push the deadline back. I would prefer folks that are dealing with real life issues should catch a break. This doesn't affect me. I finished weeks ago and my photo is submitted. I want to see what the forum can produce and don't mind waiting another week or so to see it.
Lon
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2021, 07:22:59 AM »
Your health etc comes first  :)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2021, 09:01:00 AM »
Sure Health first !!! so what would be the next deadline?
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2021, 11:22:47 AM »
Totally agree your health, family come first; this is a hobby after all.  And while I’m almost done and could make the original deadline (barely) I’d rather compete against everyone’s best efforts and not something hastily thrown together while dealing with more important issues.

...so what would be the next deadline?

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2021, 01:33:23 PM »
Of course I am happy to extend the deadline. This hobby is meant to be good for our health (fumes from polyester resin aside), not a source of stress. I wish you a swift recovery.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2021, 02:31:55 PM »
Real life, though not poor health, has stumped me yoo.
I would be happy with a delay.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2021, 04:26:26 PM »
I actually took the day off today to catch up on my project after 'losing' a whole weekend last week to a family weekend.

And obviously reality caught up with me and I had to get the garden ready for the little Khaleesi's birthday party, so now I'm too dang tired to even lift a brush... ::)

So for me, a postponement would be very welcome :D

And going through an Agile Transformation at work too, I can understand the stresses involved. Please take all the time you need to wind down (and in the process, you'll probably make some/most of us participants able to breathe easier too ;) ).

Best wishes!
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2021, 04:35:41 PM »
Agreed! I'm doing the finishing touches of the paint on one last item  before photos, but agree with the extension - as the people said, health comes first, and this is intended to be fun anyway  :D

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2021, 04:42:26 PM »
Postponement is fine, I was going to have to rush to get photos done, edited, and submitted while working this morning because we'll off camping this whole weekend and I only finished tufting and detailing last night!

So new deadline Sunday the 20th or somewhere around there?