Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:28:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697724
  • Total Topics: 118855
  • Online Today: 625
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mean Streets: The Warriors & More (EL Details)  (Read 29852 times)

Online Andy in Germany

• Scientist
Re: Mean Streets: The Warriors & More (Next to Last Buildings)
« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2024, 09:41:48 AM »
I wonder what the hotel staff make of all this?

Have a great convention, and as others have said, make sure to take lots of pictures...

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2024, 07:08:54 PM »
I wonder what the hotel staff make of all this?

Have a great convention, and as others have said, make sure to take lots of pictures...

What he said!
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2024, 09:43:33 PM »
I brought a small work board with me to paint on, so left no tags on the hotel desk.  For the Dullcote spraying, I found a large empty box and brought it into a staff access hallway that was pretty large and airy (was too rainy and humid that morning to bring it outside).  All worked fine.
: 3

« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 11:20:58 PM by Cat »

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2024, 09:58:45 PM »
Seeing the buildings on the finished streets board is a nice little something to look forward to.  :D

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2024, 03:33:20 PM »
I have often arrived to set up for a game and had my miniatures or scenery still have that "whiff of Dullcoate." However, I have never taken it to the wire like that...!  lol

Great perseverance, Cat!

Mike Demana

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2024, 06:50:01 PM »
This is definitely a personal best for timing.
~ , ~

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
    • Goblinhall
Re: Mean Streets: The Warriors & More (EL Details)
« Reply #186 on: June 14, 2024, 04:39:52 PM »
Following Huzzah, I immediately switched gears and dove into getting Test of Honour table ready for use at the FLGS.  I had been getting a bunch of this started on the back burner over the past year too.  Now that there's enough ToH ready, I'm switching some Warriors back into the mix too.

First up was adding some more detailing to the graffiti on the cars.  I got enough done on them at the convention hotel to look quite presentable, and now with more time on my hands I could finish them up with an evening's work.  To really capture the overall look and feel of 1979 style art, I added bigger cloud bubbles around much of the tags.

The personal names on the cars are a mix of names I've used for the artist figures in my gang minis and some shout-outs to the creative crew — Walter Hill (Director), Barry De Vorzon (Music Director), Bobbie Mannix (BBMX, Costume Designer), Craig Baxley (an arm of his letter "Y" is caught in the train door, Stunt Co-ordinator and one of the Punks).  Neon Sky and Love Is A Fire are song references from the soundtrack.  Warriors is painted over an older tag for Homicide Inc. (the crew made that mistake painting on Stauch's Baths at Coney; consequently, the production wound up hiring Homicide for 'security'!)

Also here are photos of the final stages of building Broadway Junction that were completed in the last day or two before leaving for Huzzah.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #187 on: June 14, 2024, 05:04:06 PM »
I

LOVE   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

THIS !!!

Offline Tom Dulski

• Mad Scientist
  • BOOKWORM
« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2024, 12:32:28 PM »

Well done, very authentic looking too.

Online Andy in Germany

• Scientist
« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2024, 01:56:21 PM »
My word but that was worth waiting for; I really like the whole atmosphere, but the surface detail on the platforms is particularly good.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2024, 05:06:33 PM »
Incredible, Cat. Everything you do surpasses the previous thing. I may to have hire someone to break in and steal your Test of Honor stuff so you stay rooted on The Warriors stuff... lol

Seriously, great work!  :-*

Mike Demana

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #191 on: June 15, 2024, 05:36:43 PM »
Thanks folks!

I may to have hire someone to break in and steal your Test of Honor stuff so you stay rooted on The Warriors stuff... lol

Surprisingly, that would be counter-productive.  I've found that doing short binge breaks on other projects, ToH and DBA armies, has really helped keep my production output higher on everything.  Kept me from feeling bogged down in a rut.  There was a rather large number of hours went into painting window frames and glass panes for Brooklyn that needed give me a break times...

After the intense rush of prepping for Huzzah, The Warriors will now be my binge breaks for a spell.  There's plenty of odds and ends to work on before I clear enough working space in the basement to tackle the detailing work on the street boards.

I'll be starting a ToH thread shortly too when I've wrapped up some current terrain bits.  I've just levelled up my botanical modelling with my first crack at pieris japonica, aka andromeda.  The same technique will apply for kerria japonica too.
: 3