Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:28:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: BATAILLE EMPIRE: A short blog about a (too?) slow game  (Read 487 times)

Offline Leftblank

• Librarian
    • Amsterdam6shooters wargame club
BATAILLE EMPIRE: A short blog about a (too?) slow game
« on: April 25, 2021, 10:23:42 AM »
Yesterday we played for the second day a Napoleonic miniature wargame, this time trying the Bataille Empire rules by Hervé Caille. See the battle report with lots of pictures below, in comic strip format.
In addition to this report, some first thoughts about the rules. We didn’t ‘playtest’ it, we just dipped into the game, had two nice afternoons and tried to get an impression of the rules. For a thorough playtest description, read Chasseur a Cheval.
I played AdlG and I like it. BE seems more complex – although I have to say that we used the standard order sequence and not the simplified order sequence. IMHO, that slows the game
(..)
The game is well thought-out and it might work with two experienced players who know the modifiers by heart and like this translation of Napoleonic command-and-control problems. In the meantime, I recognize my experience in online comments like:

I have tried to like BE (do love the set up and lists) but found after several plays that they bogged down too often into too many rules queries and did not really improve on other sets overall.
see link.

full notes with short battle report
https://amsterdamwar.game.blog/2021/04/25/bataille-empire-a-short-blog-about-a-too-slow-game/

some pictures