Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:35:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Oathmark Elves - width across the shoulders work with frostgrave/stargrave arms?  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Matty

• Assistant
I'm thinking of getting some Oathmark light armour elves to make unarmoured types for frostgrave/stargrave.  Are the torsos the same width as the soldiers, knights, cultists, gnolls, oathmark humans?  My search-fu might be weak, but I couldn't find anything about this.  I'm specifically concerned about things like the crossbow arms where the shoulder width would definitely matter.

Or am I better off with Ghost Archipelago crew for unarmoured torsos/legs?

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
All of the above should work fine together. Ghost Archipelago crew is probably the worst option as they are a tiny bit oversized.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
I dont know every Northstar plastic kit, but they usually can be mixed very well. There are some differences, for example Snake-men have ball joints, others have flat, but nothing taht cant be fixed quick. And I think that all two handed weapons (including crossbows) are divided in two, so its easier to fit.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
I dont know every Northstar plastic kit, but they usually can be mixed very well. There are some differences, for example Snake-men have ball joints, others have flat, but nothing taht cant be fixed quick. And I think that all two handed weapons (including crossbows) are divided in two, so its easier to fit.

It varies from kit to kit.  The Cultist crossbow is a single piece with both arms integrated.  So's the two-handed bludgeon   By comparison, the Barbarian kit has the crossbow as two pieces (with the left forearm sans hand separate) and the two-handed hammer is two pieces with a wholly separate left arm.

Offline Matty

• Assistant
All of the above should work fine together. Ghost Archipelago crew is probably the worst option as they are a tiny bit oversized.

It never even occurred to me that the human crew would be of a different size than the soldiers or whatever.  Thanks for letting me know.

It varies from kit to kit.  The Cultist crossbow is a single piece with both arms integrated.  So's the two-handed bludgeon   By comparison, the Barbarian kit has the crossbow as two pieces (with the left forearm sans hand separate) and the two-handed hammer is two pieces with a wholly separate left arm.

I have crossbows left over that are both a single piece for the crossbow and both arms all together as well as ones where things are more separate.

My main concern is that the distance across the shoulders would make the single piece ones not work.  Following that, if the distance is sufficiently different then even the multi-piece crossbow/rifle arms might be hard to get to line up right.  Then there's the thickness issue.  The female soldiers arms for example, look super thin and small if you try to put them on a male soldier torso.  I can't quite tell from the pictures if the oathmark elves are more compatible with the male parts, the female parts or are in the middle.  They look like they should be in the middle and fine with both, but I figured maybe someone had already done mixing and matching.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
I can report that Elf arms go great on female soldier bodies:

Offline Matty

• Assistant
Fantastic figures you made by combining them.

It was also perfect for what I was asking, so thank you.  It looks like the elves are perfectly in the middle.  They should work well with the extra female soldier parts and the male ones with just a bit of scraping.  The stargrave ones look like they'll be able to work as well (possibly with some scraping, but maybe not)