Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686462
  • Total Topics: 118101
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Narcos the boardgame  (Read 1170 times)

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
Narcos the boardgame
« on: May 03, 2021, 09:10:16 PM »
Hi Chaps,

I have stumbled upon the board game Narcos which contains some really interesting looking figures which would work out not too expensive either even if you just bought the game for them and never used the rest of it.

My question is has anyone done this or own the game? What size are the figures please? This would be a great way of getting some civilian/bad guy types...

Thanks in advance.

https://www.cmon.com/product/narcos/narcos

Offline Iain R

• Mad Scientist
  • High on life... and thinners. Mainly thinners.
Re: Narcos the boardgame
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 10:35:42 PM »
Ooooooh, call me cynical, but if that ain't licensed, I don't see that surviving an encounter with Netflix' lawyers (use of the title, likenesses of the actors, names of original characters, etc).

Figures look nice though!  lol
Proudly not painting Wars of The Roses since... ever

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 11:53:51 PM »
Never heard of it til now.  I just painted up some narcos and feds from Brigade Games, and these guys would fit right in if they scale right.  I watched a video review of the game, and based on the size of the figs compared to the reviewer's fingers, I'm guessing 32mm.  But that is strictly a guess.  If they're 28mm(ish), I may have to buy the game just to get the figs...

CapnJim
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline MGH

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 02:30:18 PM »
I'm guessing it is licensed. I own that company's KICK-ASS game (of comic and movie fame) which came out in 2018 and is still out there for sale.
  It's a really fun game too, some folks claim it's too hard to win. But our group wins as much as we lose and we enjoy the fact it is a tough challenge. Also it's every player on the same side against the game system.

Anyhow if anyone plays Narcos, let us know what you think of the game, besides just the minis!

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 04:16:33 PM »
I will try to find a UK supplier though being honest it would just be for the minis....

Offline mjkerner

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 07:40:56 PM »
Just bought it for $18 cheaper ($36) on Amazon (in USA). There are 4 left. I’ll post some comparison pics when it gets here (should be this Friday or Saturday).

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 08:34:43 PM »
Definitely licensed, CMON are a big company-they wouldn't be releasing something without the proper rights.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 10:01:25 PM »
It clearly is licensed, all the images and figures are based on the actors in the series and the bottom of the rules cite Gaumont and Netflix. 

It did give me a giggle reading the rulebook. They’ve decided not to use the Escobar name, whether to slightly distance a game from the fairly awful reality of the actual story or to forestall any lawsuits from folk in Colombia and have chosen to call Pablo ‘Patrón’.

“The drug war is in full swing in Colombia, and the man who controls the biggest operation is known as the Patrón”

Perhaps they think it adds exotic appeal, Escobar was and still is known by some as ‘el patrón’ but with the definite article, all it means in Spanish is ‘the boss’.

The game looks like standard cash in on a film/ TV fare. Risk meets snakes and ladders, all rather silly and somewhat in bad taste.

Still, if I ever wanted a Wagner Moura figure for the wife I now know where to get one.

Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo