Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Change Rogue Stars to Stargrave?  (Read 3377 times)

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
Re: Change Rogue Stars to Stargrave?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2021, 09:01:47 PM »
I cast my vote against any more child boards, and in favour of rolling the Rogue stars board back into the main future wars board.
IMO child boards just divide attention, it's not like there's so much traffic that we have to wade through pages of threads before finding what we're interested in.
Heck, I'd reincorporate the post apoc board into the future wars board.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2021, 01:05:22 PM »
Hi Chris

My vote is for ending the Rogue Stars board, it's a very quiet game now. Oddly the official figure range has taken off again big time with new Stargrave people  lol

As for whether Stargrave will be as popular as Frostgrave, just by the sheer volume of sales and the activity on Faceache, it's already there. I don't know if it warrants a Child Board, that's a bigger LAF question methinks. I'd say by the old criteria it does, but are they something we still want?

Nick

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2021, 01:23:48 PM »
Hi Chris

My vote is for ending the Rogue Stars board, it's a very quiet game now. Oddly the official figure range has taken off again big time with new Stargrave people  lol

As for whether Stargrave will be as popular as Frostgrave, just by the sheer volume of sales and the activity on Faceache, it's already there. I don't know if it warrants a Child Board, that's a bigger LAF question methinks. I'd say by the old criteria it does, but are they something we still want?

Nick

I'd be fine with that too, although it does raise a question - what happened to the planned RS expansion?  The game's "very quiet" in part because it had one release wave, Andy talked about a supplement with more rules and scenarios on FB, and then nothing came out.  That doesn't work great for most games, especially ones that don't release alongside a fantastically versatile set of plastic kits with promises of more coming.  Did Osprey just opt to skip printing an expansion based on sales, did the document never get finished, or something else altogether? 

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2021, 08:27:27 PM »
No idea. Only the author would know.

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2021, 12:02:56 PM »
I'd be fine with that too, although it does raise a question - what happened to the planned RS expansion?  The game's "very quiet" in part because it had one release wave, Andy talked about a supplement with more rules and scenarios on FB, and then nothing came out.  That doesn't work great for most games, especially ones that don't release alongside a fantastically versatile set of plastic kits with promises of more coming.  Did Osprey just opt to skip printing an expansion based on sales, did the document never get finished, or something else altogether?

I think four against darkness took off a bit better so Andrea put more focus into that.