Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2021, 12:27:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Advise for Playing the Polish Army using the Setting the East Ablaze Rule Sets  (Read 830 times)

Offline vonksquared

• Lurker
Hi, I am looking to use the Setting the East Ablaze Rules for some 1920 Russo-Polish War games. Does anyone have any advise or resources for the Polish Army, such as an army guidance write up, an army list or such?  Iíve seen some post from clubs gaming this war with these rules and I was hoping to tap into the established knowledge base. I am relatively new to this and any advise, or assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 05:31:01 PM by vonksquared »

Offline trev

• Scientist
    • The Bits Box
Mark's Pygmy Wars site has quite a bit on the Polish front.  Not specifically for StEA but lots of data to work with, TOEs, uniform details, scenarios etc.

http://pygmy-wars.50megs.com/pygmywars.com/index.html

Offline Red Sveta

• Scientist
You should also have a look at Siberia Miniatures Forum, its full of lovely info.

http://siberia-miniatures.ru/forum/

Offline Mark Plant

• Scientist
    • Pygmy Wars : Russian Civil War and Related Stuff
Polish Cavalry Division, 1918-1921

Easier just to go to : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Cavalry_Division_(Poland)  . It's not like they had lots of them.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 04:19:10 AM by Mark Plant »

Offline SJWi

• Mad Scientist
Some basic organisation data plus uniform plates can be found in the Osprey Men-at-Arms no 497 "Armies of the Russo-Polish War 1919-21 "  by Nigel Thomas.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
converting characteristics to Setting the East Ablaze is pretty straightforward.  Happy to help if needed
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline vonksquared

• Lurker
I was hoping someone else had worked out the characteristics for the Polish Army and used them in a game or two.   I find myself a bit too attached to the Polish side to be fair and impartial.

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Orient - is a tricky!
    • Studio "Siberia"
The Polish Troops Formation Sheet from the "Steel Thunderstorms" rules is a Russian home revision of the "Red Action!"
I apologize for the possible incorrect translation - if something is not clear, I can explain.

Offline Mark Plant

• Scientist
    • Pygmy Wars : Russian Civil War and Related Stuff
I've attached a schema of the Polish Infantry Division in 1920, although in practice most varied from this, sometimes quite a lot.

I can give you the organisation and numbers of about six divisions/brigades in August 1920 if you are trying to do an actual unit.