Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:08:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The last Remake of UFO (SHADO) Gaming: Figures to date, vehicles, etc.  (Read 5878 times)

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
    • The Metal Magic Forum is closed
Thanks for showing. :D
An interesting site about Dinky Toys TV & SciFi models:
Link Dinky Toys Models
I buy old Spacelords Miniatures from Hobby Products !
- Cybertech, Bunkerbreaker, Yoyodyne, Sarday´kin, Phagon -

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
@ Smokeyrone
90% finished, I am still waiting for the decals. :?

For all the work and material, I could also buy the models new.
I prefer to rebuild old defective models the way I like them.

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
And now my SHADO setup is near completion: my brand new UFO game master shirt!  Its Lt. ELLIS!   Got it in Indiana yesterday!
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
 lol lol You're a funny one  lol
Great shirt, an original ?

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
lol lol You're a funny one  lol
Great shirt, an original ?

No, available at tee public online too

Viruz, great job, mayne!   Those are really nice

« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 12:42:18 PM by Smokeyrone »

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Hey Smokey,

Brilliant minds think alike.

I've been collecting some of the Clix figures to do just this, for a while now, and then got distracted, sadly.  I have some of the appropriate metal figs also, though there are far too few of those for my liking.

The Clix figs are great, reasonably inexpensive, especially compared to other figs, and appear to be easy to convert, and/or re-paint, as needed.

Which figures, and/or range are the purple haired girls from?

I don't recall seeing those poses before.

I do have one Clix fig in a silver miniskirt, with purple hair (IIRC), that looks the part.  I forget her name.

Triplicate Girl also looks the part, and is in a hand-to-hand combat pose.  She'd be good with a repaint of silver as well.

Also, what's the guy in blue and white's name, and/or which range is he from?

Looks like he'd be perfect for the SHADO Security personnel, and doesn't even need a repaint.

A lot of figs from various ranges are useful, since many of the females are in tight-fitting outfits, just like in UFO, though some could use some repainting to better fit the part.

I've also found some women in berets and various uniforms (sadly too few poses - especially action, or armed ones), which may be useful for either security troops, and/or for a partial, or all-female, Skydiver crew.  One is in a miniskirt and looks like she could be the captain, while another is just standing and saluting (might be good for a crew inspection at a secret base, before setting off on a cruise).

The little Konami, SHADO Mobiles can be used with 15mm GZG figs - light Vacc Suits for the Aliens, and Heavy Vacc Suits for the SHADO personnel.  The new, British Moongrunt figs can also be used for Moonbase troops too, if desired.  Sadly, no Moonbase, or SHADO HQ personnel for my liking. 

We need some figs in track suits with plain heads for those, and no one seems to make them in this scale.

I wish someone would produce some more Alien poses for the Crooked Dice figs.  I've written them to request that, and they said they'd pass that along to the sculptor, but so far, no luck.  Would love to see one kneeling and aiming/firing his rifle, another one holding his rifle up to his helmet's visor to aim and fire, one running, perhaps a casualty figure or two - lying face down and face up, etc., etc..

Send a note to Crooked Dice if you'd like to see more of these too.

Anyone know how the Imai Mobiles compare in size to the diecast, Sixteen12 Mobiles?

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Lady Blackhawk for the Skydiver Captain, and Shield Recruit 007A for the crewwomen.

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
Hi Mako, ill post pics of the good clip figs I used. 

I'm adding a second scale, 6mm, for the actual space fighting.  Picked up these beauties from Shapeways cheap.  Using a 1" hex grid space mat.

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
@ Smokeyrone
Cool Miniatures  :-*
Too small for my thick fingers. :D

Some decals have arrived. :)

Projects in progress:
Ed Strakers Car
Shado Mobile 2
Shado Mobile Tank (Dinky Leopard)
Shado Interceptor
Dinky Toys 105 Maximum Security Vehicle
2x Dinky Toys FAB 100

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
So far:

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
More

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
@ Smokeyrone
Where are the figures (in red)  in photo no. 3 from?

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
@ Smokeyrone
Where are the figures (in red)  in photo no. 3 from?

Front three are UFO aliens by crooked dice,  then I worked up some heroclix nick Fury in spacesuit, a couple heroclix portal attacker aliens from avengers movie,

And then, the hard to find Horrorclix soviet cosmonaut

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Thanks for the new photos, Smokey.

I sent you both a PM thru LAF, and an e-mail too. 

Apparently one of those bounced, multiple times, for some reason, which I don't understand, since I just replied back to you for both, so let me know which one you received, or didn't receive. 

Rob

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
Ok, moonbase is gonna be a bit different.  No other play value if I do that very difficult, and very little floorspace be from the show...

So...mine will feature a remnant of the original, but the rest is a typical space hulk/Hadeys hope build, multi level, mostly inside a moon mountain.