Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:08:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691093
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Heroclix for SHADO Personnel from TV Show UFO?  (Read 736 times)

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Heroclix for SHADO Personnel from TV Show UFO?
« on: July 13, 2022, 02:50:05 AM »
Just curious to know if anyone knows of some decent Heroclix miniatures that can be used for various SHADO personnel (figures in leisure suits, or running suits (track suits), etc., e.g.:

Ed Straker

Paul Foster

Alec Freeman

General Henderson

SHADO Security Personnel

Virginia Lake

Ms. Ealand

I've found some decent stand-ins for some/many of the other personnel, from various ranges - general female and male SHADO personnel.

I'm aware of the metal figure for Straker, but not sure if he is tall enough to match the Heroclix plastic figures which are taller, e.g. about 32mm from soles of feet to eyes, and 34mm overall height.

Here are some photos of various personnel I'm seeking to find, in either unarmed, or armed poses (pistols and/or rifles):

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 02:52:19 AM by Mako »

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Re: Heroclix for SHADO Personnel from TV Show UFO?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 02:58:30 AM »
For some SHADO figures, I'm planning on using some of the Star Trek Next Generation minis, since they fit the futuristic, "running suit" style of uniform well.

For the female figures, I'm using various Heroclix minis that are in form-fitting clothing.

For the Aliens, I have some of the metal minis from the same company that produces the Straker figure.

Would love to find some suitable astronauts too for SHADO as well (preferably armed, but unarmed would be okay too).

Of course the SHADO astronauts have yellow helmets instead of the plain silver ones.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 03:02:49 AM by Mako »

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 09:08:47 AM »
This reminds me that I still have a stalled UFO project in storage myself... ::)

For Straker I obviously used the Crooked Dice one; it's perfect. For Colonel Freeman, I used a slightly modified Kiss Kiss Bang Bang henchman. I simply filed off the collar and lapels from the jacket and turned it into a nehru one. Paintjob did the rest. Oh, and I added a longer barrel to the pistol, to make it look like a 'sonic' pistol.

For the SHADO soldiers/troopers, I used Crooked Dice henchmen with rifles and heads from Ainsty's Valley Forge range (it's the sideburns and seventies hairdo's :D ). Then I converted the FAL/SLR into 'sonic' guns by changing the barrels and some more small stuff I can't quite recall.

But that's about as far as I got I'm afraid. I did buy several Crooked Dice astronauts and even the alien ones with the guns and the victim over the shoulder. And obivously I also got me three not-Fembots from CD, to turn into Moonbase crew ;)

For another project, I also bought a lot of Heroclix civilians, to be used as bystanders/crowds/window-dressing, but I'm afraid that the scale/height difference is quite pronounced. So I wouldn't rule out using them side by side, but there is a definite difference...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline AdmiralAndy

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 12:03:36 PM »
You might want to check this previous thread Heroclix minis were referenced:

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=131938.0

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 03:32:49 PM »
Thanks for the replies, links, and suggestions.

Alas, some/many of the Crooked Dice minis are a bit too 1999-ish for me.  They may work for some, but I'm looking for some better matches if I can find them.

If not, I suppose I may need to reconsider, and/or try sculpting/converting some instead.

The old link to some other Heroclix figs is pretty useful.  I'd forgotten about that.

Would love to see Crooked Dice make some more figs for other SHADO personnel, and widen their pose range offerings for the aliens.  I could use some more guys firing their rifles (running/walking, firing while kneeling, etc.), perhaps a dead alien or aliens, and certainly an unarmed one.

Definitely need some SHADO Security and Mobile Troopers carrying/firing weapons, a Paul Foster, Virginia Lake, Moonbase Women, and a few armed astronauts.