Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:01:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Ikwen from Loud Ninja via Alternative Armies  (Read 990 times)

Offline Vis Bellica

• Scientist
    • Vis Lardica
New Ikwen from Loud Ninja via Alternative Armies
« on: September 10, 2021, 07:57:34 PM »
I've just added a review of the new Ikwen figures from Loud Ninja games to my blog...

https://www.vislardica.com/blog/2021/9/10/new-ikwen-finally-arrive

[NB I have no commercial connection with either Loud Ninja or Alternative Armies]

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: New Ikwen from Loud Ninja via Alternative Armies
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 10:17:27 AM »
Very nice  :D, Ikwen are on my list, but having just received my large order of space-raptors from Loud Ninja it'll probs be awhile before I get them.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 02:54:42 PM »
The figs are nice, and the color contrasts on the ikwen came out very nice, but the paint scheme on the xenocav mounts reminds me unfortunately of GW's current obsession with hard-selling squigs in 40K.    :)

Offline Vis Bellica

• Scientist
    • Vis Lardica
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 04:41:06 PM »
Luckily that's not a problem for me as I only play in 15mm, avoid GW figures, and have never seen a squig in my life!

Offline Vis Bellica

• Scientist
    • Vis Lardica
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 04:42:50 PM »
Very nice  :D, Ikwen are on my list, but having just received my large order of space-raptors from Loud Ninja it'll probs be awhile before I get them.

Funnily enough, I use my Ikwen as support troops for my Chuhuac space raptors. Whilst the Chuhuac light infantry go off and do the interesting stuff, the lowly Ikwen guard the base/drop ships, repair the equipment etc.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 04:52:35 PM »
Luckily that's not a problem for me as I only play in 15mm, avoid GW figures, and have never seen a squig in my life!

No?  Well here, let me fix that for you.

I think you can see why they come to mind when I see xenocav that consist of bright red critters as mounts.  Ninja's figs are quite a bit more plausible looking IMO.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 05:26:15 PM »
Funnily enough, I use my Ikwen as support troops for my Chuhuac space raptors. Whilst the Chuhuac light infantry go off and do the interesting stuff, the lowly Ikwen guard the base/drop ships, repair the equipment etc.

I might pinch that idea. Currently my Raptors are a part of a Larger Dino/Carnivore force with Khurasans Garn acting as Heavy infantry  and the Raptors acting as fast attack and special ops. Got some Pteradon looking dudes from Khurasan as well that act as Naval landing party/research unit.

Offline Vis Bellica

• Scientist
    • Vis Lardica
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 09:14:16 PM »
I might pinch that idea. Currently my Raptors are a part of a Larger Dino/Carnivore force with Khurasans Garn acting as Heavy infantry  and the Raptors acting as fast attack and special ops. Got some Pteradon looking dudes from Khurasan as well that act as Naval landing party/research unit.

I have Garn too. They are a separate army to the Chuhuac (as they have Felids as their cannon fodder). I like them a lot, although I have found that where the Garn are concerned there's a fine line between war crimes and lunch.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 05:55:17 PM »
Some nice work on those Garn! :D

Managed to get one of those hover vehicles myself before they vanished!