Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:22:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 2nd edition Chaos Space Marines  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: 2nd edition Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2021, 09:29:50 AM »
...Never mind WYSIWYG, I'm getting the feeling it may not even qualify for a 2E army either!  lol
Nope!
Unless I use them as counts as something or other.
At least I am also working on a tiny unit of 6 Bloodletters, which fit in and are legitimately acceptable to the rules - ok, one has a huge horn which brings nothing to the game, but it's a nice old metal model so he's staying. I'm even taking the trouble of replacing the square bases with round ones!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 09:32:17 AM by Vanvlak »

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
Re: 2nd edition Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 11:26:00 AM »
...Never mind WYSIWYG, I'm getting the feeling it may not even qualify for a 2E army either!  lol

lol yeah who cares, the army list police aren't going to arrest us!  ;) lol
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: 2nd edition Chaos Space Marines - android, orc and Cthulhu Wars beastie 19/9
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 03:46:48 PM »
lol yeah who cares, the army list police aren't going to arrest us!  ;) lol
Don't count on that, I am playing with fire here - see below!

First models:

Chaos android (Necron immortal, metal) and Chaos Orc (well, not really, but these are the guys I'd use as Chaos Orks, and some of his mates will get shootas too).

If anyone is familiar with Cthulhu Wars, this comes from the expansion - the base is identical in size to the Beasts of Nurgle, and it will proxy as one (or, when required, as a spawn):

I was less happy when I saw the defect on the Port side, which I had missed right through painting.... :'(

Waiting for filler - the amorphous mess to the left is NOT undercoated in white, it's a resin version of the earlier metal version. The fellow to the right is Dankhold Troggoth/Trogboss (I used bits of both versions). I opted not to include the ears (yes, the model's ears ae separate from the head, and need to be glued on - and one version has two alternative ear sets!) - he seems more sinister this way. I also removed what seemed to be countless mushrooms growing on him. I was tempted to give him a tech club (a gun barrel or something), but this way he might also be useful for a fantasy setting too.

No, son, you can't sit on my lap, you've grown too big! Old metal WHFB troll (or is it  a Blood Bowl one?) with his somewhat larger great-grandson. Talk about scale creep. You'd need five old trolls joining up anime robot style to make a new one.

Scoreboard: