Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:24:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691474
  • Total Topics: 118393
  • Online Today: 609
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: String and Sticky-back Plastic - Who Project Log  (Read 7834 times)

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
Re: String and Sticky-back Plastic - Who Project Log
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2021, 03:22:06 PM »
I'm honestly surprised no one's tried to revive Adam Adamant.

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2022, 09:59:51 PM »
Small update to prove that I am alive and still ticking over on this project.  lol

Some stuff you have already seen popped up out of the blog backlog finally:
https://leadcapes.blogspot.com/2019/08/miniatures-finished-string-and-sticky.html

So that it looks nice, here's another one of these.

Should have something to show as soon as I get a day to take some decent pictures. Also dug out my rules adaptation of the C7 RPG to maybe try out a small game in the near future.

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2022, 11:30:39 PM »
Ok something else "done" (grass tufts and varnish to come, but painting complete).

Dominator 1 and 2 (yes, that's their names) and The Director.

So I took a few liberties with the Dominators' colour scheme, just to make it more interesting to both paint and see on the table. Should have the Quarks done soon.

The Director is an obscure Time Lord from the C7 RPG, an agent for the Celestial Intervention Agency used to recruit "deniable assets" for dangerous missions.

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2022, 11:39:58 PM »
What's this? Fast progress? Well, don't expect too much of that here in future  ;D

Quarks! Shockingly deadly but endlessly goofy robotic servants of The Dominators! Varnish and tufts to come, then I'll do a group shot.

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2022, 10:45:09 PM »
Moving house has stalled things more than a little (especially with my collection being in several places right now), but I did score these on the weekend;

Some kind of elite and/or experimental Dalek!  ;) 3D prints from a friend. Not sure if I'll have separate stats or just mix them in with other Daleks and see who spots the reference.  lol

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2022, 09:49:49 AM »
Some kind of elite and/or experimental Dalek!  ;) 3D prints from a friend. Not sure if I'll have separate stats or just mix them in with other Daleks and see who spots the reference.  lol

Just finished an 11th Doctor story, where he and the War Doctor encounter the "Volatix Cabal". The members of the Cabal were created by the Daleks for "possessing a talent that no Dalek could possess — creativity. They were warped both in mind and body compared to regular Daleks, and their mechanical shells had a variety of shapes only faintly resembling the familiar Mark III Travel Machines, though they still tended to possess Dalek eyestalks".
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 09:58:07 AM by nozza_uk »

Offline Oldgamer

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2022, 11:48:15 AM »
Sadly, a lot of the Crooked Dice Who figures are now no longer available, they have redesigned the 3rd Doctor however, he now bears a strong resemblance to the Adam Adamant character in the photo posted earlier in this thread!
A US based eBay seller is selling resin prints of the Quarks if you are interested.

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2022, 11:43:58 PM »
I think 3 Quarks is plenty, given how little I'll probably be using them (also shipping from the US, ugh).  ::)

Sadly, the 11th Doctor does not exist in my Dojo, so I'll have to come up with another answer, perhaps something like Revelation of the Daleks where they have been forced to use 'alternate' materials to create more of themselves.  ;)

Also, if you haven't checked out the Dean Grey mashup, I do recommend it:

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2022, 07:57:15 PM »
Moving house has stalled things more than a little (especially with my collection being in several places right now), but I did score these on the weekend;

They're from "Doctorin the Tarids" aren't they!

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2022, 12:07:57 AM »
Yes, couldn't resist a couple when I saw them being sold.  :D

Bases and varnish done, another six minis finished for this project!

Now to try and get a game together.

Offline Oldgamer

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2022, 10:00:05 AM »
They look great, l look forward to a game report.

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2023, 01:24:34 AM »
Apologies for the long gap, but it's time to regenerate this project a little ;)

So between moving house, finishing my Masters, a pile of commissions and running Kill Team and 40K events at work, my Doctor Who stuff has just fallen off the list of what I've had time for. Add to that the fact that I'm not getting much gaming in, and you get a clear picture of why I've been focusing on stuff I'm either getting paid for or actually playing with.

Thankfully, a comment from a friend reminded me that I hadn't watched any Doctor Who in at least a year, so after a few stories (Genesis of the Daleks, Horns of Nimon and The Green Death), I got the urge to dig out my minis again.

Just some Warlord Games Cybermats for now, but sometimes I find something quick and easy is a great way to dive back into a project.

Got a few more things kicking around, so hopefully it won't be another year between posts!  lol

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2023, 01:10:54 AM »
What's this, another update so soon?  :o

I was preparing for a practice game of Mars Code Aurora (great game) and for some reason wanted to field Daleks, so I bashed these Imperial Daleks out pretty quick. Very happy with the results given they're mostly wash and contrast paints. And I'll admit having a Black Dalek doesn't make the most sense, but many miniatures games I play need a clearly marked "unit leader" model, so here we are.

After playing my first game of Mars Code Aurora last night, I think the game has a lot of potential for asymmetrical engagements like UNIT versus Daleks, so I'll be trying to put something like that together in the near future.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 01:34:13 AM by Hat Guy »

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2023, 06:55:51 PM »
always a pleasure to see more doctor Who stuff.

I'm busy slowly painting my WG Daleks in a variety of Second Empire colour schemes

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2023, 02:04:34 AM »
I had been considering some Second Empire colour schemes myself, but after mulling over it for far too long, I went with something classic and fast to paint. I have the gold lot getting ready right now, and some things that are painted, but I haven't had a chance to take a good picture yet.

Meanwhile, my mind has turned towards playing games again...

I have some WWII Chinese from Eureka about to hit the painting table and some jungle terrain for some, shall we say, "Little Trouble in Big China"? Probably just a quickie game of Mars Code Aurora and an excuse to finally get started on my Bolt Action force.

As to plans for future games, could anyone perhaps recommend suitable 28mm versions of Jeeves and Wooster? Fry and Laurie versions preferred, but anything suitable.