Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:40:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690724
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 648
Total: 655

Recent

Author Topic: Austro Hungarian Vehicle Colours  (Read 4037 times)

Offline andekmcc

• Scientist
Austro Hungarian Vehicle Colours
« on: September 21, 2009, 06:16:25 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what colour/s AH vehicles were during the war, I'm about to start building up a small Armoured Car squadron for my AH Army and need to know what colour these should be painted, any ideas anyone? Some Artillery was painted an earthy brown colour could be an option, I've seen photos of a Romfell that looks very dark grey (almost Early war german Panzer Grey) and also some photos of a Junowicz and a captured Lancia IZM where the colour is definately lighter.

If anyone can suggest a colour I'd be very grateful, initially the AC car squadron will conist of a solitary captured Lancia IZM AC but I'm working on expanding that ;)

thanks in advance
Andy

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
Re: Austro Hungarian Vehicle Colours
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 05:00:55 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what colour/s AH vehicles were during the war, I'm about to start building up a small Armoured Car squadron for my AH Army and need to know what colour these should be painted, any ideas anyone? Some Artillery was painted an earthy brown colour could be an option, I've seen photos of a Romfell that looks very dark grey (almost Early war german Panzer Grey) and also some photos of a Junowicz and a captured Lancia IZM where the colour is definately lighter.

If anyone can suggest a colour I'd be very grateful, initially the AC car squadron will conist of a solitary captured Lancia IZM AC but I'm working on expanding that ;)

thanks in advance
Andy

Andy -

You might be interested to know that we'll be doing a Romfell in the Black Army Range as our next vehicle release following the Ehrhardt. 28mm scale.

Anyway, the pictures I've seen of the Romfell are quite dark, so I'd go with that. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a very dark green, however, rather than a dark grey. It was a fairly common color for equipment in KuK service, and after all, the Navy was painted dark green until 1916.

-Doc

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 08:31:25 AM »
Andy have you tried Landships:

http://www.landships.freeservers.com/index.htm

Keith  :?

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 08:47:17 AM »
Just to hijack the thread slightly - Doc do you have more navy details ?

Also, did the navy operate any armoured cars (like the RN did) or were shore defences a KuK area ?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline scarabminiatures

• Scientist
    • Scarab Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:41:37 AM »
Blimey Romfells are going to be like buses, none for years and then several come along all at once- we are doing one as well  :o

As for the colours any colour the artillery used would be OK and I agree about the Romfell colour of dark green
Kind regards
Rob Broom
ScarabMiniatures
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 10:24:25 AM »
You might be interested to know that we'll be doing a Romfell in the Black Army Range as our next vehicle release following the Ehrhardt. 28mm scale.

Blimey Romfells are going to be like buses, none for years and then several come along all at once- we are doing one as well  :o

Exsqueeze Me? Baking Powder?  :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-*

Offline andekmcc

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 06:32:29 PM »
Andy -

-Doc

thanks for the tips and I look forward to seeing your Romfell, if the Ehrhardt is anything to go by it will be good  :)