Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:53:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: RoSD: Dungeons Dark  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
RoSD: Dungeons Dark
« on: November 18, 2021, 08:14:33 AM »
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
Re: RoSD: Dungeons Dark
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 08:27:14 AM »
I think, that I should have more time to play, because we didnt even finish the core book...  :( But I like it very much, so I will definitely will buy expansion. Sometime... And as I would like to have a bit longer story, and Dungeons Dark is the sequel of Across the Wastes, the chances are good, that it will be these.

Offline Ruud

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 02:56:02 PM »
Looking Forward to play! However, Im ony at the 5th Scenario of the Second Mission from the Main Rulebook :D.

So I have a long way to go... I have all the Minis and intent to use the Dungeons and Lasers Terrain for the Roomd, so thats all ready :).

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 04:02:58 PM »
The book also includes an extra scenario, should the rangers get captured...

That's an interesting idea.  More solo games should allow for the possibility of Our Heroes being captured or surrendering rather than being wiped out, then including a (very difficult) "Escape" scenario as a last chance to avoid a TPK/mission failure.  Gives you some insurance against an anticlimactic loss partway through a series of games. 

Maybe even play around with the mission structure so that deliberately surrendering early on then breaking out lets you jump past some stages, at the risk of failing the escape and winding up dead/failed with no other chance to proceed.  That sort of "all part of my cunning plan" thing shows up in fiction pretty regularly.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 04:05:35 AM »
That's an interesting idea.  More solo games should allow for the possibility of Our Heroes being captured or surrendering rather than being wiped out, then including a (very difficult) "Escape" scenario as a last chance to avoid a TPK/mission failure.  Gives you some insurance against an anticlimactic loss partway through a series of games. 

Maybe even play around with the mission structure so that deliberately surrendering early on then breaking out lets you jump past some stages, at the risk of failing the escape and winding up dead/failed with no other chance to proceed.  That sort of "all part of my cunning plan" thing shows up in fiction pretty regularly.

Yet again I find myself agreeing with you mate.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 06:18:53 AM »
Great idea!