Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:02:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Review of Sarissa Precision Survivor Shack (with Pics)  (Read 830 times)

Offline Brandubh

• Bookworm
Review of Sarissa Precision Survivor Shack (with Pics)
« on: February 18, 2022, 04:48:48 AM »
Review of Sarissa Precision Survivor Shack
Cost: £15.50 ($21.10 USD)

The Good:
The components are cut very well and easy to remove off the trays.
It was pretty simple to assemble, which is about the last good thing I’m going to say.

The Bad:
Yet again, Sarissa has no clue on how to label any of the components.
I get that this isn’t a 4ground quality building, but really, would decent pictures of how it is assembled be too much to ask?
The Roof is card stock, not mdf.  Really?  Seriously?  Yeah, it looks and feels cheap.

Closing comments:
It's acceptable, if barely.
If this is indicative of what the other buildings are going to be like and I hadn’t already spent the money I did on the buildings, I wouldn’t buy them again. 
I’m hoping I am wrong…

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Review of Sarissa Precision Survivor Shack (with Pics)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 11:00:32 PM »
I was surprised by some of your comments about the Sarissa buildings.

With exceptions (see below) I have been very happy with most of the Sarissa buildings I have assembled.
The instructions are generally clear, and I do not remember having difficulty identifying components, and (unlike most other MDF kit suppliers) they have been supplied in all the kits I have bought.

I have mislaid the instructions for the Survivor Shack, but you can see the instructions bottom left for the Russian Outhouse.

The instructions for the TWD:AOW buildings are extremely detailed.

I do, however agree with your comments about the grey board roof - it is not very good. I reinforced mine first with PVA, and then went for a tar paper effect with tissue paper applied with PVA. In the end (and after consultation here) used Slater's 4mm scale corrugated iron secured with epoxy.

The Jersey and Texas barriers are very difficult to make a good job of, as are the  GOA ore containers. The TWD:AOW RV uses greybeard overlays and I have nearly given up on it. The greybeard appears too hairy for metal sheeting, and getting it round the various corners without tearing I found very difficult.

More examples of Sarissa buildings here: https://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.com/search/label/Sarissa

I certainly think the Sarissa buildings are generally worth the money, and I look forward to seeing how you fare with the ones you have bought.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 11:03:27 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »