Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:01:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690592
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rogue Trader Traitor Terminator catalogue entries?  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Rogue Trader Traitor Terminator catalogue entries?
« on: April 21, 2022, 08:15:53 AM »
OK, this is driving me up the wall and I never thought this would be so difficult  :?

I'm looking for catalogue entries of the very first range of (Rogue Trader) Chaos/Traitor Terminators. I'm talking about the range with the skull-faced sergeant. I think there were 5 body sculpts in that range in total, but I'm not even sure on that.

Collecting Citadel Miniatures has nothing on any Rogue Trader Chaos, bar the heavy weapon and captain ones. Stuff of Legends has some, but they're all the power-armoured Traitors, plus the Dreadnought, but no Terminators.

The first entries I can find are the ones with the trophy racks and separate heads from (I think?) 3rd ed.

I've scoured all the catalogues I have, but to no avail. I'm thinking they were probably released shortly after the first metal range (the ones after the Exo-Suit trio) in the boxed set, since they were clearly conversions of that range. but they must not have had a very long run. Interestingly, the champion of the range appears on the cover of the 1989/1990 red/black/green/blue catalogues, but is not in it.

Perhaps there's some seasonal leaflet or small catalogue I don't have, or missed?

I've also come across several additions to the 'standard' Traitor Terminators, such as a chaosified chainfist, and I know there's a champion with a rebreather mask and sword, plus a heavy weapon arm, but I can't escape the notion that there might be more out there.

So; who can point me at a resource for this small range?

+++EDIT+++ Hang on; I've found a reference on Lexicanum, but there's no mention of the source...

+++EDIT 2+++ White Dwarf 133; it's in White Dwarf 133!  :)
I have that issue, so I'll be checking it out when I get home this evening. Looks like BOLS has a nice sum up of Chaos Terminator lines over the years, but if there's more info elsewhere, I'll be glad to hear about it...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 10:20:18 AM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Curis

• Librarian
    • Ninjabread
Re: Rogue Trader Traitor Terminator catalogue entries?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 10:36:43 AM »
They were also in Citadel Catalogue 1, page 19. 

http://solegends.com/citcat1991a/cat1991ap019smtraitorinqterminators-02.htm

I reckon you missed them on your hunt though as they're presented seperately to the rest of the 40K Chaos line (they're rolled in with the Imperial Terminators).

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Rogue Trader Traitor Terminator catalogue entries?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 10:48:12 AM »
Cheers for that!  :)

I reckon that after staring myself blind on all of SOL's pages, I totally missed that...  :-X

And when I did some searches today, I almost immediately ran across several excellent resources. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and get back to it at a later moment...

Now I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm still missing. I got a whole squad of them locally at a really good price, but now I want to add the rest to it, and I think I can already hear my wallet groaning in anticipated pain when looking at the going Ebay prices...  ::)