Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:20:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ve vill rule der skies! Haunebu II Saucer preview from Miniature Martin  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
  • Hobbies from Other Dimensions!
    • The Miniature Martin Site
Greetings, fans of weird wars and frizbees! Here's a preview of something coming soon from Miniature Martin - Armoured Fighting Saucers of WW2!

Being part of the Yakships series of Sci Fi spaceship parts, all of this Haunebu II's parts connect without glue or magnets, as you can see here:

In its final form, the Haunebu II will come with options for different weapons, armour, command cupolas, and other parts to enable customisation as you see fit.

The aim is to produce an initial run of 6 saucers (3 Axis, 3 Allied), all with option parts.

These are all still in the developmental stage, but the STLs for printing will become available via the Miniature Martin MMF store when released.

https://www.myminifactory.com/users/martinevans1

If you're not into 3D printing, all the things I make are available to buy as printed parts. Message me if you'd like anything.  :)

BTW, this quickie paint job is just airbrushed green applied directly over Elegoo Water Washable Grey printing resin. Oil Wash and decals makes it pop a little.

I'm also sufficiently inspired to work up a set of rules for battling with these fiendish flying flapjacks. These will be different from the Saucer War One rules I'm still working on, although there will be a lot of crossover, I suspect. Anyway, more on that later.

Hope you enjoyed this little taster of the shape of things to come!
Operating from an abandoned US spy base somewhere in the Australian outback, Miniature Martin produces games and scale miniatures set in parallel worlds, past and future. He is NOT trying to take over the Earth. This time.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
Pretty awesome. I do remember the Saucer War posts  and wondered what became of that. Looks like the size will be on the smaller end though, a bigger scale would also be nice. Just something to think about. Thanks for the preview and best of luck with this venture.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Groovy!  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Cool! And the future plans certainly sound promising  8)

ANTIC = SHADO = XCOM I gather?  :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
What scale you do figure these are?

Based on the real thing, of course.

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
Cool! And the future plans certainly sound promising  8)

ANTIC = SHADO = XCOM I gather?  :D

Quite so! Can't have a UFO storyline without a shadowy deep-black operation protecting the Earth, can I?  ;)

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
What scale you do figure these are?

Based on the real thing, of course.

1/200th, but I'm attempting to add sufficient detail to the production versions to allow them to scale up to 1/144 at least. I'd liked to have gone to 1/100th, but the saucers just become much too large.

As to the 'real' dimensions, I'm working to the size that contactee guru George Adamski claimed his Venusian saucer was: 35ft diameter.

That Venusian saucer was the basis for a later article in Das Spiegel which claimed what Adamski encountered was a Nazi flying machine; namely, the Haunebu II, which this prototype model is based upon.

In the game I'm contemplating, the biggest saucers will be an impressive 130mm+ diameter, and each side should be able to field up to 10 saucers of various sizes on a 4' wide table (for the ground-level game), so getting much bigger than that becomes impractical in gaming terms.

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
1/144 would be great and match up nicely with all of the 12/10mm WWII models and figures out there.