Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:21:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689345
  • Total Topics: 118275
  • Online Today: 648
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: UKAS Coelacanth - Exploring Space Station Zero (Captains Log)  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
UKAS Coelacanth - Exploring Space Station Zero (Captains Log)
« on: October 09, 2022, 07:44:09 PM »
Rather than do photo reports, which I wouldn't be very good at ;) I decided to chart my intrepid crews journey into Space Station Zero in the form of a captains log (very Star Trek :D).

My crew are from a humble merchant ship that has arrived at this place by means unknown, luckily for them they were hauling a lot of military grade weapons and scientific equipment, so gearing up they decide to explore (of course they do). The log begins thus.......

Captain's Log - UKAS Coelacanth (Merchant bulk carrier)

Well as we are marooned here at this god forsaken gigantic derelict space station (Space Station Zero), I will keep this log more for my own sanity than for any hope that someone from home may read it.

After docking the Coelacanth we toured the local facilities (mainly drinking dens and food purveyors) and after seeing the unbelievable mix of races that are stuck on this floating heap of junk, we finally succumbed to the boredom of the place and decided to explore. Many before us have tried before I am sure.

Leaving a couple of crew to guard the ship we armed-up and formed a landing party. We then entered one of the many, many airlocks and pushed-forward into the station’s interior sections.

Landing Party
Captain Agarn
Pilot Ryjack
Medical Officer Mavlin
Trooper Stone (Ships security)
Engineer Phage

Docking Bay Zero
The first section (1) that we entered was dingy, foul smelling and very run-down. The smell we soon discovered was a toxic gas which thankfully our company (one of the few times I have ever thanked the company) injected nanites were more than able to deal with.
Worse however was the six rusting and derelict robotic sentries that came slowly clanking towards us, thankfully their ranged weapons were inoperative, but they were still armed with giant ripping claws, so we didn't want to get too close.
Several accurate bursts of pulse rifle fire from Ryjack, Stone and myself soon dealt with the mechanical monstrosities, following which we soon shut-off the three leaking gas pipes and we were then able to proceed to the next section.

Section 4 - Fabrication Bay
Upon entering this part of the station we were again assaulted by a miasma of fumes (this station stinks!) emanating from one of the three massive operative material printers. As we pushed forward we could also see more drones emerging from the fog. At least this time there were only three of them. This proved to be fortunate as they were formed of nanites and were very hard to destroy.
Phages plasma rifle was very good at damaging these creatures, but Ryjack was almost killed by the swirling cloud of nanites used by these drones as a weapon. In the end my teleporter allowed me to get to one of these printers and using a luckily found memory chip I was able to print a swarm jammer that allowed me to deactivate the remaining drones.
Once the vent to draw off the gas was activated, we were able to investigate the section more thoroughly. Using what power was available I was able to copy my personal teleporter and give the copy to our engineer so that he may get about a bit faster. After a rest period we then pushed on to the next section.

Section 2 - Dark hall
As we enter we see a narrow hallway, dark except for various flashing red lights, and what appears to be an active point-defence system. The door behind us seals itself and we are unable to go back. So we must press forward. If we survive, I will update this log. Captain Agarn - out.
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Dan55

• Librarian
Re: UKAS Coelacanth - Exploring Space Station Zero (Captains Log)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 01:30:02 AM »
A very nice beginning, I can't wait for more.

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 02:09:44 PM »
Enjoyed reading that.

Maybe just a couple of pictures to guide my minds eye?

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 04:12:32 PM »
Thanks guys,

I may consider some pics once I run some more missions over the weekend.

To boldy go......

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 07:23:18 PM »
Are you still playing? Or did the Ceolocanth's members die horribly in the dimly-halls of the space station...?

Mike Demana

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 11:32:59 PM »
I`m honestly planning to, but having just a ton of real life shizen going on at the moment (I know as we all have :().

So hopefully over crimble ;)

Plus I had been bitten with the painting-bug before all the said shizen kicked-off, so when the muse strikes I paint lol

If I play I will add it to the ships log.

Thanks for the interest though and have a Merry Christmas

Glen

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 12:33:07 AM »
Merry Christmas to you, too!  ;)

Mike Demana