Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686506
  • Total Topics: 118106
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Waterloo in 28mm - My journey log  (Read 46362 times)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Re: Waterloo in 28mm - My journey log
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2022, 10:25:33 AM »
Great work, Helge. I love the Wound-Marker, had the same idea. Makes a table look better than light coloured markers.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Helge

• Librarian
    • Wargaming Workshop
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2022, 03:20:36 AM »
Emporium - for the time being it *is* a dream. Just one with a bit of progress paired with optimism :). This is definitely my biggest project to do, but I have previously finished projects of similar scope before. For example, when GW killed the Old World, I spontaneously acquired the entire range for each Warhammer Fantasy army at the time which adds up about 4,000 models. Of those, about 2k - 6 armies - are now painted. And that's numerically comparable to at least the allied army at Waterloo in my scheme. So hope springs eternal.

On the flip side, I just stumbled up the beautiful Calpe Miniatures Prussian range and felt compelled to add some models to my existing line-up. Apparently the parcel came in at 6kg... :).
Wargaming Workshop - My hobby journey and collection
Allied Army of the Netherlands - my current Waterloo 28mm project

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2022, 07:41:35 AM »
OMG just had a look around your wargames room…wow

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2022, 12:14:46 PM »
OMG just had a look around your wargames room…wow

you aint kidding.

Offline Helge

• Librarian
    • Wargaming Workshop
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2022, 07:59:49 PM »
Bloggard/Roo - Thanks for the kind words. The photos of the room at 10+ years old so it has become a bit more crowded since :) (and the monitor bigger...). I am pretty much all filled up on the display cabinets so i have my eye on an adjacent room as gallery for this Napoleonic collection.

Here we have the last regular unit of the 1st Hannoverian Brigade: Field Battalion Werden. These are fully transitioned to British kit and even got a banner to wave around. i kept just enough Hannoverian elements to separate them from a British line formation.

As I near the completion of the brigade and thus the 3rd Division, I realized that my design change for the artillery will cause some sequencing problems. i have started painting all the foot artillery crew in bulk - about 50 done so far - but I am missing the extra howitzers and larger bases, so I can't finish the two batteries of the 3rd Division in sequence. I will have to back fill those later with photographs once all the parts arrive. New on the list is the 1st Division of the Guards then.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2022, 08:53:06 PM »
Cracking collection  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Helge

• Librarian
    • Wargaming Workshop
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2022, 01:49:26 AM »
Life introduces the first delays this week. I was able to complete just over 100 RFA crew, but can't complete any artillery units until the new bases arrive. Fortunately, there was at least some productive progress in the form of von Kielmansegg's Jaeger. These were only two companies strong so i made a small unit formed light infantry and two skirmish bases - both half the size of the larger KGL Light battalions. The models are converted from Perry and Wargames Atlantic plastics and assorted surplus. Leading them - and the whole 1st Hannover Brigade, is MG Graf von Kielmansegg himself.

On to the 1st Guards Division which is saw much bulk painting already!

Offline Helge

• Librarian
    • Wargaming Workshop
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2022, 10:18:45 PM »
With the divisional artillery delayed, here is MG Count Sir Karl von Alten, commanding officer of the 3rd British Division. One division down (sans artillery), lots to go. Divisional commanders are based with two models on a 75mm base and have an attached ADC/messenger model based on a wound dial counter to act as token for command instructions in some gaming systems (and because it looks nice :)). I will try to connect those to the regiments in the division, so in this case we have a Major from the 1st KGL Light.

And to kick off the 1st British Division, here we have MG George Cooke commanding. His attached officer is a Major of the Foot Guards.

Offline Helge

• Librarian
    • Wargaming Workshop
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2022, 02:52:12 PM »
Batch painting completed, so here we have MG Maitland leading the 1st Guards Brigade composed of the second and third battalion of 1st Foot Guards. i used Victrix plastic models for the Guards to visually distinguish them, though the heads are a mix of Victrix and Perry for variety. These are large formations so six bases each plus the usual add-ons. 2nd Guards Brigade will follow shortly as i bulk painted the whole lot.

Offline IronDuke596

• Librarian
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2022, 03:48:09 PM »
Your output both in quantity and quality is amazing. I took the liberty of copying the image of your guards and blowing it up to observe the detail. Your attention to detail and shading is truly outstanding!

I continue to admire the incredible development of your Waterloo collection while I plod along with my eastern Peninsula collection. Again, I am truly in awe of your prolific and quality production!

I continue to look forward to your continued progress on this wonderful project.

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2022, 10:59:17 PM »
Well, those are some more great-looking figures.  Huzzah!
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Helge

• Librarian
    • Wargaming Workshop
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2022, 02:17:39 AM »
IronDuke - thanks for the kind words. Contrast paint does most of the magic!

And here we have the other half the guards division: MG Sir Byng commanding the II/2nd Food and II/3rd Foot. More Victrix models. I used the Victrix kit to give each of the four large guards battalions a unique fighting posture.

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2022, 06:33:39 AM »
brilliant additions
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Helge

• Librarian
    • Wargaming Workshop
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2022, 09:47:51 AM »
 Merry Christmas everybody. Since the artillery is still en route and so are some of the Dutch-Belgians - I added some of the recent Warlord releases late to the line up - I will be shifting straight to II Corps under LG Rowland Hill. Below are Hill (on a 100mm base with thre models plus ADC marker  befitting a Corps level commander) and LG Clinton commanding 2nd Division which is essentially all of II Corps during Waterloo. Now on to lots of batch work for the 1st KGL Brigade of doughty Germans!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 06:23:54 PM by Helge »

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2022, 10:47:35 AM »
Happy Christmas - and continued thanks for sharing this fantastic project and ongoing results with the forum.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 01:56:00 PM by Bloggard »