Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:12:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Voivod does Marvel Crisis Protocol (Finally getting some done again)  (Read 2251 times)

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
I'm gonna try and make more updates about my own work.
This year I have thus far been focussing on Masters of the Universe: Battleground.

I've found the cartoony painting style and flashy colours really suit me and, with the announcement of some of my favourite x-men on the horizon, I'm pretty eager to return to Crisis Protocol
I've had a lot of models lying about and first prepped some x-men.
I also ordered a bunch of new stuff and have been snipping and glueing the past week.

These I finished some weeks ago and I'm currently finishing of another.
Just some quick pics I took, forgive the rough background.

I was of two minds about Collosus. A wonderfull character and awesome model, but his organic steel body was intimidatinf to paint, especially in NMM.
I do think I pulled it of, once again. I might be getting the hang of it.
He is now proudly looking over his little snowflake, my absolute favourite fictional character Magik, amongst my painted collection.

Rogue. The explosion does stand out in the miniature cabinet. It was fun to paint, just wetblending some inks.
So much fun I did it twice even, since Daeothar kindly pointed out I had the yellow and reds the wrong way round.  :?
I thought it looked of, but I couldn't lay my finger on it.
She was fun to paint, but there's something about her face that makes her look a bit more puffy than I'd liked. I wasn't sure it was mostly the sculpt and at some point just accepted it.

I think at some point I'll try and make pics of the rest of my collection. I have painted some since the game has released. Maybe at some point I'll even try and get some games in.  :D

« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 10:21:25 PM by The Voivod »
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Voivod does Marvel Crisis Protocol
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 06:48:12 AM »
Don't you know who I am?!!!!!

God, I did not enjoy that meme. Hated it more when it showed up in X-men 3.

One more finished this weekend.
I enjoy painting the big muscles, but the big brown area's where a bit of a slog.
He does look nice and imposing, though.
I liked how they gave Juggy his own distinct base, but felled it was a bit empty so I added a coluurfull newspaper at his feet for a bit of colour. It's headline is actually about the x-men, but completely unreadable.
It's the thought that counts?

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Voivod does Marvel Crisis Protocol (Juggernaut added)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 07:54:44 PM »

Emma Frosts? Emmas Frost? Emmas Frosts? White Queens! White is painted with vallejo xpress and it worked a treat. Undilluted on the crystal version was a bit much, but dilluted on the OG version, that counts, was near perfect. This is the cleanest white I've ever done on a model.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: The Voivod does Marvel Crisis Protocol (Goddess of Hellfire added)
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 10:15:56 AM »
That white really shines indeed; very nice!  8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 10:30:19 AM »
Juggernaut (assuming that's his name - not up to speed, if you'll excuse the pun) has come out particularly well.
great paint-jobs.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: The Voivod does Marvel Crisis Protocol
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2023, 10:13:09 AM »
Don't you know who I am?!!!!!

He has put on a bit of weight since playing for Wimbledon, though the tactics remain similar.

Nice work on all of them.

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 10:20:45 PM »
It's been a while, but I have finished some models. I also have better camera, making it easier to take decent pics, so I'm planning on posting a bit of a backlog with each new update, making it a bit more interesting than a single model each time.

Sentinel Prime was a slog. Trying to really go for a nmm effect on such a huge model, with me pretty new to the technique, I got burned out on it quite a few times and it was not good for my painting mojo, during a bit of a rough personal time.
I looooove how it turned out. It's super-imposing. I just hope I have more of a grasp on the technique for his two little brothers.
It took me a while before I varnished the model due to the weather amongst other things.

So, the first go, trying my white recipe that worked well on the White Queen, was a bit of a disaster. Wilson Fisk, AKA the Kingpin, had been sitting on my paint station for quite a while. A short time ago I bought some new paints I never used, amongst them a very light gray. As I was working on another project, I noticed how good the coverage of the gray was, but still very lightt and I picked Kingpin up as an experiment for a good big white surface. I got in the groove and ended up painting the rest of him over the weekend. I don't think I ever had this much fun with so much white on a model and am looking forward to a few more.

I did Mister Sinister a while ago. I don't really recall a lot about the project, except I really liked painting the pod and the smoke a lot.

Moooooodoooook (you are required by law to only speak his name in a loud and nasaly voice).
This is not a character I really like. I always found him more goofy than intimidating.
And that's why it was such a fun project. Just so different from anything else I ever painted. He's just unique and I love him now.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
They all look great!  8)

But I'm particularly partial to Fisk; the white is looking splendid!

As for sculpts and movement, I like Mister Sinister the best; it really tells a story and your painting complements it really well :)

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
 :o :o :o :o :o

WOW!!!! Absolutely stunning work!!!  BRAVO!!!!
Regards
Hitman
😎
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!