Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:36:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690983
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: 3D 28mm Japanese Samurai range...test prints....UPDATED 4 March 2024 page 3  (Read 6002 times)

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Re: 3D 28mm Japanese Samurai range...test prints....updated 6 Oct 2023
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2023, 09:29:15 PM »
So I had a little more time to clean up the models, and I must say these are looking really good. Still more work to do on these but in my opinion the potential is clearly there.

Let me know what you think....
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 09:30:47 PM by ARKOUDAKI »

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Re: 3D 28mm Japanese Samurai range...test prints....updated 14 Oct 2023
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2023, 08:29:18 PM »
Some new Hokusa 3D Designs Workshop Teppo Ashigaru test models just put on my 3D printer....in 6 hours I will see the results...and then hopefully share with you all.

In the meantime, this is what they will look like....more photos of the actual models to come...so watch this space!

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Re: 3D 28mm Japanese Samurai range...test prints....updated 16 Oct 2023
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2023, 12:56:40 PM »
A quick update on the Ashigaru Teppo models by Hokusa 3D Designs Workshop for their upcoming Kickstarter campaign. Not the best photos - my phone camera isn't performing well of late - but gives you an idea of the quality of the models. More good quality photos to come. 🙂

Let's hear your comments, especially if you are interested in supporting this upcoming Kickstarter, as without enough customers it won't be a viable reality.

PS Also an updated version of the Daimyo command figure....he looks really good!

PSS Just to be clear, I have no financial involvement in this project...just always want top quality models to support my massive collections (the plastic and metal mountains...followed by my growing 3D printed resin mountain). Also, Carl at Hokusa does great models, so want to support his efforts. 😉

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Re: 3D 28mm Japanese Samurai range...test prints....updated 17 Oct 2023
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2023, 12:09:04 AM »
Another update....I cleaned up the Hokusa 3D Designs Workshop Ashigaru Teppo troops and put them together. It doesn't take long, even with the modular versions. The models are really nice, with great detail and easy to print.

Again, not my best photos but you get the idea. Enjoy!!!!!!!

Next up, revised charging Ashigaru troops with yari's and such....revised command....and some Ashigaru Archers!!!!!! Oh, and I understand a set of fighting Samurai are also in the works.

So watch this space!

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Re: 3D 28mm Japanese Samurai range...test prints....UPDATED 24 Oct 2023
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2023, 12:08:48 AM »
Another update on the forthcoming 3D Samurai range from Hokusa 3D Designs Workshop!

Following all the constructive feedback, the charging Ashigaru models have been revised: updated faces with more character, thinner neck curtains; tighter grips on the weapons and small diameter weapons; puddle bases for the charging poses; and improved supports for ease of printing with minimal damage in the process.

Overall I think the revised charging Ashigaru models look really great...and they were good before...so even better for all of us.

Take a look at the photos and share your thoughts. After all, this range will be done via Kickstarter, and therefore your support is needed to make this a reality.

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Re: 3D 28mm Japanese Samurai range...test prints....UPDATED 24 Oct 2023
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2023, 12:11:59 AM »
And some earlier command models...just to give you an idea of what will be coming and what they look liked all primed up...sadly no time to paint of late...

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Re: 3D 28mm Japanese Samurai range...test prints....UPDATED 22 November 2023
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2023, 09:45:51 PM »
So a quick mini-update of the forthcoming 3D Samurai range from Hokusa 3D Designs Workshop. This time I received some of the new Yumi (Archers) Ashigaru. I have been pushing the designer to be innovative and light on the supports but it didn't go so well, as most of the prints fell out of their supports and into the vat of resin. I haven't had a print fail in ages but it does happen. Trust me, it won't happen on the final version of these wonderful looking models.

So instead of 8 Yumi (Archers) I have just 3 to show off. A full set of 8 models plus a some suitable command models will be available in the New Year.....just in time to go with the new 'Shogun' TV series!

Enjoy and please feel free to offer your constructive comments and thoughts.

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2023, 08:57:21 PM »
Okay, is anyone interested in this upcoming range of Samurai....as without customer support it won't be a successful Kickstarter. On the Samurai Wars FB page people are really excited about it all. Just wondering if this forum still has the reach and depth is use to? Not dissing just wondering if people/tech has moved on? :?

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2023, 09:19:11 PM »
Not interested I’m afraid. Got too many Perrys to finish off.
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2023, 10:59:32 PM »
The model look very nice but it is not a period I am really big into; if I had an interest beyond Ronin sized games I think I would seriously consider backing it. As it is,  I already have too much to paint for Ronin.

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2023, 04:40:28 PM »
Got too many Perrys to finish off.
I share your pain James! Given what I have seen thus far from Hokusa, I might sell off a lot of Perry Samurai stash!~

The model look very nice but it is not a period I am really big into
I am trying to get the designer to do some Akira Kurosawa themes models, like Seven Samurai, Jojimbo, Ran.....those might be more to your liking.

Offline Panaldi

• Student
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2023, 04:42:58 PM »
I would be interested, as I like what I‘ve seen so far.
But I have to admit it would depend on the option of getting physical models.

Offline iPaint

• Bookworm
    • iPaint's Workbench
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2023, 08:37:27 PM »
I'm definitely keeping an eye on this project. Everything I'm seeing looks great (I mentioned on a Facebook post the Yumi may need to be made thicker for gaming and resin brittleness purposes).

How do the 100% scaled prints match up to other manufacturers offerings? Obviously we can rescale as needed to match in a slicer program, but I'm curious what the default scale will be for drop, slice, and printing.

Is the designer accepting additional testers for printing and support feedback? I have access to a few machines if so (Saturn 2 8K, Photon Mono 4K, and a few others).

~iPaint
iPaint's Workbench - a blog for all of my painting endeavors
Currently painting: 20mm WW2, 28mm Zombicide
In the pipeline: 28mm Reaper Bones, 15mm Sci-fi

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2023, 11:51:21 PM »
Obviously we can rescale as needed to match in a slicer program, but I'm curious what the default scale will be for drop, slice, and printing.

The models are scaled to fit the Perry Samurai range.

Is the designer accepting additional testers for printing and support feedback?

Thanks for the offer but everything is taken care of.  ;)

Offline pws

• Scientist
    • Pippoweb hobby blog
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2024, 08:20:19 AM »
Ask Hokusa for a free STL preview for the public  lol
Per aspera ad astra
pippoweb.blogspot.it