Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:08:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wildspire Fantasy Miniatures Thread w/ Gloomhaven Crimson Scales  (Read 3829 times)

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
I posted these earlier in a Halloween thread, but here're some better views of the Wildspire mini's!
These are from the "Enchanted Objects" set, part of the "Spellblades and Enchanted Objects" collection.
Miniatures are pre-assembled soft plastic. Fine for RPG's and other gaming.
More to come as I paint the set!

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wildspire+miniatures

« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 04:50:40 AM by ced1106 »
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Re: Wildspire Fantasy Miniatures Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 09:32:34 PM »
That killer turkey is scary :)

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 03:35:41 AM »
Thanks!

Trying out the Wildspire miniatures as proxies for the fanmade expansion for Gloomhaven, Crimson Scales!
If you play Gloomhaven, Crimson Scales PnP is *free*. Looks like a lot of content, but you only need to PnP 30-some cards for the first scenario.
https://www.thecrimsonscales.com/

Monsters and Oni from the Wildspire Monsters set.
Dwarf from the Wildspire Heroes set.
Both available on Amazon!
https://www.amazon.com/stores/WildspireMiniatures/page/B343BFEF-3714-440E-9750-50FC66D51848

Photobox improvised from Loke Battlemat's "The Veiled Dungeon" RPG accessory.

Offline Luigi

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 04:26:28 PM »
Is that dwarf holding... a cactus?

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
Re: Wildspire Fantasy Miniatures Thread with Gloomhaven: Crimson Scales
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2023, 04:50:16 AM »
Yep! And there's a birdhouse in his beard! Didn't notice it until after I painted him, of course. :P

Two more mini's from the Heroe's set!
Originally painted them as proxies for Gloomhaven: Crimson Scales.

The Crimson Scales scenario ends with the Spitting Drake taking down one of the Crimson Scales miniatures:

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
Re: Wildspire Fantasy Miniatures Thread w/ Gloomhaven Crimson Scales
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2023, 12:02:39 PM »
Painted a few more proxies for Gloomhaven: Crimson Scales!

The scenario is still aquatic, so went for water-themed miniatures, rather than proxies based on the enemy artwork.

Lizardmen: Guard.
Turtle Cannoneers: Archer.
Frog Riders: Deep Terror. I looked for an aquatic-themed miniature who matched the powers, rather than the artwork, to proxy the miniature, and the enemy has a six-hex (?) straight piercing attack! This fit well with the frog's tongue, although the enemy doesn't actually move. I figure all the other effects of the enemy are from spells cast by the faerie.

Went through this CS scenario three times as solo, which is hard mode. Failed the first time. Succeeded the second time. Went after the treasure the third time. 🥯🥯🥯

Picture shows the alchemy guy valiantly sacrificing himself to take down a poisoned guard, so that the star guy can get the loot. Huzzah!

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2023, 09:35:03 AM »
For Christmas, my party got a present. They didn't die in the scenario! ☠️

This Crimson Scales scenario takes place in a flooding chamber. It's a single room, and your heroes have to kill the boss monster. In the game, you use a regular standee as the boss. So, with the Wildspire Monster set, I used... SHARKNADO BEAR. 🐻 Don't tell him that his miniature is larger than his hex! I also used the Wildspire faeries on toads and D&D Snake miniatures to represent the jumping fast Giant Vipers, and Wildspire Mushroom men for the Lurking Horror monster, which has some spellcasting-like abilities.

GH:CS. Free PnP download for Gloomhaven. : https://www.thecrimsonscales.com/
Wildspire. Amazon. : https://www.amazon.com/stores/WildspireMiniatures/page/B343BFEF-3714-440E-9750-50FC66D51848

« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 09:45:30 AM by ced1106 »

Online Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2023, 10:12:37 AM »
Sharknado Bear is amazing!  :o

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2024, 06:08:33 PM »
Thanks! The Army Painter Strong Tone was glossier than I'd like, but at least it's painted!

For the next Crimson Scales scenario, we had to heal four Infected city guards and archers. Except, if you've played Gloomhaven, you might remember how the random draws from the enemy decks resulted in less-than-brilliant enemy behavior. Well, the city guards and archers, once you heal them and they become allies, use their enemy decks, so, basically valiantly pew-pewed the enemy for a few points of damage, until they got killed. One of them decided to move, but, since he couldn't walk over the obstacle, he decided to walk into a trap, killing himself. Semi-useful drake fodder, though.

For the city archers, I used the Wildspire Monster set's Kitty Pistoliers, and, for the imprisoned City Guards, I used that as an excuse to paint the Goblin Miners. I guess the plot, then, was less that monsters were infecting the city, than the Kitty Pistoliers ate a bad batch of fish, while the Goblin City Guard Sometimes Deadly Mushroom Picking Festival ran into a few problems.

Wildspire Monster Set on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/stores/WildspireMiniatures/page/B343BFEF-3714-440E-9750-50FC66D51848?ref_=ast_bln
Crimson Scales free PnP : https://www.thecrimsonscales.com/

« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 08:37:07 PM by ced1106 »

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2024, 08:59:24 PM »
"Now, then. All we have to do to cure the infected town is to run across the meadow, pick up the barrels, crate, and wheelbarrow full of the antidote, and drop them into the fountain, all the while avoiding ambushes by corrupted water spirits, infectious oozes, nasty faeries, and the occasional dive-bombing drake. Oh, and rip out that strange looking bush with the strange pointy cones."

"Okay. Now what?"

Terrain by Archon! Archon Caves on GameFound coming soon! Sign up ahead for a freebie! : https://gamefound.com/en/projects/archon-studio/caves

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2024, 12:43:23 AM »
Just starting this scenario, in which the party accidentally releases a bunch of demons and some Vermling Scouts who have been experimented upon. Whoopsie!

Opening pic shows a lot of enemies. Playing solo, so I get "perfect information" while the game goes up in difficulty (higher level monsters). The acrylic tokens and condition markers show plan out the first turn -- if things turn out right! As before, I'm using the Wildspire Monster set as proxies for the Gloomhaven monsters.

Skullboy will poison three enemies.
Neil deGrasse is going to make his enhanced ranged attack against three opponents, combined with an ability that adds negative conditions.
Chainguy will shackle the flying goblin shaman and smash him into a column.

Fun for the whole family!

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 07:31:43 AM »
A new character joins the party, and some proxied enemies! Last pic shows some summoned spirits for Skullboy, the Spirit Caller character. Enemy proxies are from the Wildspire Monsters set, four of each figure. Summoned proxies are from the Wildspire Enchanted Objects set, one of each figure.

Wildspire miniatures: https://www.amazon.com/stores/WildspireMiniatures/page/B343BFEF-3714-440E-9750-50FC66D51848

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2024, 04:49:57 PM »
The third cultist, proxied with a Goblin Shaman, falls to a Wound delivered by the Mirefoot, himself the last party member surviving the Cultist's Cave scenario! Neil deGrasse, and Harry Hierophanty lay exhausted. The Living Corpse is proxied by a Mushroom Man, and a Living Shield from the Wildspire Companions set serves as a shielding obstacle the party obtained on the way to the cave. First pic is the Hierophant, before he exhausted!

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2024, 04:05:57 PM »
Hmm... Fight the BBEG or go after the treasure and let someone else do it?

Decisions... Decisions... 🥯🥯🥯

Amber Aegis : Available as a .stl file from the Crimson Scales website. An advanced character, the Aegis has indirect attacks, primarily through stacking Retaliation. Retaliation allows a character to damage an enemy without making an Attack, thus useful against enemies with a high Shield, and avoiding Attacks against enemies with high Retaliation. Of course, as a major drawback, a character can only use Retaliation when the enemy Attacks first! Aegis has a high Health, to help offset damage. Aegis can also lay down Colonies. Colonies are permanent stacking abilities (eg. Retaliation 1, Heal 1, and Shield 1) that affect characters in an adjacent hex. (Heal 1 is particularly useful to remove Poison!) Thus, Aegis is a good defensive character, as enemies come to the party. However, in this picture, all he's done is jump into a thorn bush so he could retrieve treasure... 💰

Demon : From Wildspire Miniature's "Monster" set. Used the demon as a proxy for the boss monster. Rebased onto cork as a lava base. He's about twice the height as a human figure, but we took his treasure, anyway!

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2024, 12:37:07 AM »
This scenario takes place at some docks, which the designers creatively used the T-shaped maps for. However, my tablecloth is boring bleach blonde, so I figured why not see what the board looks like with some Loke Battlemat foldout water maps. Yes, that purple bug and the guy with the pointy hat are the heroes.

Hero miniatures are available free as the Crimson Scales .stl files.

Lizardmen Miniatures are by Wildspire Miniatures, from the Monster Set, available retail.

Walls are WizKids's prepainted Village Set. Other terrain from Mantic.

Maps are from Loke Battlemat's "Box of Adventure: Coast of Dread". LB is currently running an RPG terrain book KS, with vinyl clings to customize your terrain. Take a look if you play RPG's.