Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:40:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: More Pulp At Another Convention (with photos!)  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
More Pulp At Another Convention (with photos!)
« on: November 15, 2009, 04:21:47 AM »
We have a very small gaming con going on this weekend in Victoria (to be fair, it's the first year) and I got up there today for most of the day, and ran a 45 Adventures game.

Similar to the other small con a few weeks ago, I ran a modified version of Rattrap's freebie 45A scenario "Quest for La Calavera Negra de la Luna". This time we only had four players; I GM'd and played one side (gave that group to a random passer-by for two turns, then took it over again), my brother played another group, and we had two new-to-45A players as well.

La Calavera is a pretty simple scenario - run around the board, find clues to the location of a treasure, when the treasure is revealed, rush for it, fight off the defending monster(s) and the other players, run away. It works for convention games just fine; we were done in two hours with lots of interuptions and two (and a bit) inexperienced players.

One player elegantly used Hide to sneak closer to the action when his character was badly outgunned, a large dog killed off one character and was then killed by my lead character, thus fulfilling the common fate of every dog in every 45A game we've ever had, ie to die.

The pteradon that defends La Calavera Negra swooped in, chased off one Grade 1 character TWICE through sheer frightfulness, then got blasted by riflefire when it landed to retrieve the treasure they mystically protect. In the end an ad-hoc alliance of the big-game hunter and the ace reporter won the day, at the cost of her giant mastiff. The two factions who'd been declared "the evil side" were all dead or unconscious.

Near the end of the game, a pterodon comes in low to attack the person foolish enough to grab the Skull, while other characters rush in to help or hinder!

Corey has more photos, which he'll post soon!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:57:52 AM by Wirelizard »

Offline Burgundavia

• Mad Scientist
    • Coreyburger.ca
Re: More Pulp At Another Convention (with photos!)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 05:55:41 AM »
Yep, I have lots of photos, which can be seen on my flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/coreyburger/sets/72157622805288374/. The Flickr set also has some more plot exposition

Samples:

Violet at the beginning of the game

The big game hunter, Sir Reginald takes aim at Red Lily (off screen)

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 04:31:24 PM »
That looks like a great game. Some great looking figures and terrain. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Mr.Dodo

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 09:28:39 AM »
Excellent fun. Love the random passer-by participation! A good set-up too.