Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:04:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690909
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Geezers Shut It! Rules Questions  (Read 730 times)

Offline Ariel629

• Lurker
Geezers Shut It! Rules Questions
« on: February 02, 2024, 12:00:44 AM »
Hello,

Yank here who is currently binging on "The Sweeney" on Amazon and reading through the "Geezers Shut It!" rules.  So far the rules look like they will be lot of fun and very true to the spirit of the show.  I did have a questions about the Shooters phase that I hope more experience players can clarify for me:

There are shooting modifiers for aimed shot, unaimed shots, and shooting while moving but I don't see an explanation for when they apply.  I guess an aimed shot could be where a character doesn't move during the Shift it! phase but then fires a weapon (the lack of movement being due to his aiming).  But when do the other two modifiers apply?  If I am reading correctly, shooting takes place after the movement phase.  Do I have that wrong, and is it possible to shoot during the Shift It! phase?  Or are characters subject to the "firing while moving" modifier if they moved at all during the Shift It! phase? And when does the "unaimed shot" modifier apply?

I'm really looking forward to giving the rules a try and maybe these questions will be sorted out in actual play.  Any help provided is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Ariel

Offline Typephase

• Student
Re: Geezers Shut It! Rules Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 09:46:49 PM »
So I say this as someone’s who has played a lot of geezers (their line of minis is my favorite I think), while the rule book has alot of great qualities like the bottle system or the post game sequence, it has alot of gaps, it really shows in the lack of a defined turn sequence (who is supposed to go first?), in the driving rules (no rules for collisions with peds?) and the shooting. So you have to use your wargamer discernment. I use unaimed shots for shots behind you or the like. Aimed shots I use for characters who didn’t move that turn. It’s a fun game that nails cops and robbers feel, even with it’s short comings.

Offline Ariel629

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 12:23:52 AM »
Thank you! I really appreciate the reply. The game is definitely a rough gem.  It's brimming with love for the 70's police genre but has lot of gaps. I'm looking forward to giving it a try at the table, and will house rule any missing pieces during play. 

Best,
Ariel

Offline Typephase

• Student
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 06:10:07 PM »
I have to look through my vice palms book to see if they have any amendments or faqs, but it is def a rough gem, I’ll also dm you some of the supplemental material that I got off the now defunct io group, lots of cool stuff in there.