Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 05:07:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696316
  • Total Topics: 118758
  • Online Today: 465
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What other miniatures/factions would you like to see?  (Read 26866 times)

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
Re: What other miniatures/factions would you like to see?
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2010, 02:12:08 AM »
Doesnt somebody make wild west zombies ,i could swear i have some somewhere in my lead mountain

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2010, 07:51:54 AM »
The love that dare not low moan its name...  :?

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2010, 08:21:17 AM »
Doesnt somebody make wild west zombies ,i could swear i have some somewhere in my lead mountain
You can never have enough ;)

Offline WallShadow

• Bookworm
  • ...leaving a lasting impression
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2010, 11:21:48 PM »
On the heels of Supa-Dupa-Man and Marvin the Moose, anybody think Boozo the Clown (the red nose ain't makeup) would survive the post Kaboom world? I was originally thinking about Ronald McDonald but he didn't appear until the early '60s.

I should think the Governor George Wallace might make an appearance with   a cluster of accompanying rednecks (in bib overalls--the white outfits are for formal occasions) with shotguns and axe-handles.

Sadly, Admiral Byrd had already died earlier in the year after having vacationed in Antarctica while on Operation Deep Freeze the previous year or so.  Had he lived, he might have been on another such trip while the world was blowing itself up, returning with a strong force to attempt to reconquer his own homeland!
Ok, tell me just one more time: _Where_ am i going, and _Why_  am I in this handbasket?

Offline flooglestreet

• Scientist
    • Old Spaceways
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2010, 12:13:37 AM »
The Shaver mysteries are a little earlier in the 50s, but having DEROS would be fun.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2010, 12:20:30 AM »
You can never have enough ;)
Ok the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse, that would be awesome

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2010, 10:14:58 AM »
On the heels of Supa-Dupa-Man and Marvin the Moose, anybody think Boozo the Clown (the red nose ain't makeup) would survive the post Kaboom world? I was originally thinking about Ronald McDonald but he didn't appear until the early '60s.

I should think the Governor George Wallace might make an appearance with   a cluster of accompanying rednecks (in bib overalls--the white outfits are for formal occasions) with shotguns and axe-handles.

Bozo sounds good but I fear folk would confuse him with other more homicidal clowns like Kinko or John Wayne Gacy. George Wallace is an excellent suggestion and you could just use any suitable hooded figures as his personal retinue.

What about Meyer Lansky and friends? They were mostly in Cuba at the time so a post apocalyptic return might be feasible. Mobsters with real Cuban cigars.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline WallShadow

• Bookworm
  • ...leaving a lasting impression
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2010, 11:35:31 AM »
Bozo sounds good but I fear folk would confuse him with other more homicidal clowns like Kinko or John Wayne Gacy. George Wallace is an excellent suggestion and you could just use any suitable hooded figures as his personal retinue.

What about Meyer Lansky and friends? They were mostly in Cuba at the time so a post apocalyptic return might be feasible. Mobsters with real Cuban cigars.

A rampant maniacal murderous Bozo would be fun!

Speaking of Cuba, maybe a visit from Fidel and Che could be arranged to look over the remains for potential supplies salvage and  for opportunities to promote La Revolutione!

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2010, 01:49:39 PM »
Lots of good suggestions. Some are already on the list. Others, I will definitely have to add.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2010, 02:36:11 PM »
50's/60's mobsters and civilians are a must imo... 30's figures are 'make do' and often look wrong. I'd be very interested in a late 50's-early 60's range featuring Cubans and US troops in any case. I've sort of earmarked the Federals in the AC57 range as Batista's men.  :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2010, 05:09:17 PM »
So.......... If I were to go ahead and commission, Che, Fidel and co from the guy who sculpted Eurekas' USMC Force recon there would be other folk who would be willing to defray the costs? Could be a post tax return project. Bear in mind we are talking about the full Sierra Maestra look, beards, cigars n' all.

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2010, 07:38:21 PM »
No need to commission a Che, Carlos.  Repaer already does one:
http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Chronoscope/a-z/50043
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2010, 08:38:50 PM »
So.......... If I were to go ahead and commission, Che, Fidel and co from the guy who sculpted Eurekas' USMC Force recon there would be other folk who would be willing to defray the costs? Could be a post tax return project. Bear in mind we are talking about the full Sierra Maestra look, beards, cigars n' all.

Yes, I'd be in for 30-40 mixed figures for the pre-1960 period... I'd be in for the 1960-62 period too, but that's unlikely to happen.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
No need to commission a Che, Carlos.  Repaer already does one:
http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Chronoscope/a-z/50043

Yes, but the Reaper one is shite. Thanks for the suggestion though.

What I originally had in mind was a group of 5-6 figures, Che, Fidel Raul and a couple of non-speaking roles as it were. If you've sen the excellent Soderburgh film Che, El Argentino film you'll have an idea of what I'm after. I spoke with Kosta last year and the subject matter appealed to him.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2010, 10:48:31 PM »
Yes, I'd be in for 30-40 mixed figures for the pre-1960 period... I'd be in for the 1960-62 period too, but that's unlikely to happen.

Yes Jim,  the 1960-62 period appeals to me too. Pushing Cuban imperialist puppets into the sea with T-34s looks like fun. Ideally I'd like to do the Bolivian episode in 1967. Those would probably be useful as generic Latin American guerillas. If you are really interested we should talk.