Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:01:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: It Came From Beyond the Still - Introducing the Factions!  (Read 2480 times)

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
    • Dastardly Designed Games
It Came From Beyond the Still - Introducing the Factions!
« on: May 11, 2012, 02:03:00 AM »
Kickstarter is Back!

That's right we're well on our way to getting these guys sculpted up by Fortress Figs by August so we have re-launched the kickstarter with a much less lofty goal of $500.00.  I am sure we can do this and I have faith that we will be able to do even better now that everyone can see how awesome our sculptors work is going to be for this project! In this kickstarter backers will get to choose their very own customizable factions when the project is funded up to one of each depending on their level of backing.  That's right! You get to choose your very own faction. If you want the Hatfields, McCoys, Cephs, Grays or Blobs all you have to do is ask. Here's what we're planning

Six Hatfields including Rex the dog!
Six McCoys
The entire Gray landing party including Neuron and the Giant Robot!
All of the Blobs on the list (and certain backers will get Jr!)
Three Cephs and two tripods (Harvester and Warmachine)

This is just the start though folks because if we can meet our goals with this kickstarter we will be able to continue on and start with the Men in Black, Men in Plaid and the Revenuers! We will be able to offer ALL of the factions for the first book. That's not all though because if we start reaching stretch goals we're going to commit to sculpting the Zombies, Cultists, Granger, O'Dairy's, Meddling Kids, MIPs, MIB and Revenuers from book two as well!

We're not done yet! We also have THREE more books planned to release within this year and early next year including The Big Top Edition, The Missing Link and From Reel to Real! It doesn't get anymore hillbilly/redneck versus aliens and all sorts of beer and pretzel craziness than this!

So you want a good game that's a lot of fun to play without the fuss of a million rules AND the figures to play? Well step right up and join our kickstarter! Grandpa McCoy is counting on ye!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1156293501/it-came-from-beyond-the-still-here-come-the-factio

Offline Eisenfaust

• Scientist
  • Gamer geek, itinerant cyborg and Viking shaman
    • My blog: Dispatches from the Rim
Re: It Came From Beyond the Still - Introducing the Factions!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 04:10:42 AM »
Well, I kicked in my $50. Not sure which faction I'll choose, though. Already bought both rulebooks (in pdf) but it'll be nice to have a softcover copy.
dispatchesfromtherim.blogspot.com
www.brassandblood.com

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 12:02:14 PM »
Thanks so much for your support! I love the Operator Five quote!

Offline Eisenfaust

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:27:19 PM »
You're more than welcome, Robert. It's a great game and I want to see it flourish. I wish I could pledge at a higher level right now, but your funding period is for such a short time and we all just had to take a week's furlough at work. :-[ Oh well, if you do another one for Something in the Sauce figures, I'll go bigger then.

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 03:28:49 AM »
We will be doing one for those yep. Thanks!

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 11:48:50 PM »
Giant Radioactive Blob Monster
One of our special monsters that we will be offering for the game via direct only sales.

Introducing Pa, Cousin Daryl, Rex and Jenny Hatfield

Offline Eisenfaust

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 01:35:46 AM »
All right Rob, dammit, seeing your enthusiasm for this game and the madcap, inspired genius with which you expand on it, I have been forced to up my kickstarter pledge.

My wife's gonna kill me.

Offline pagumb

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 04:21:10 AM »
I've been reading through this thread and then going to the blog and the kickstarter page and back again trying to decide what level should I support at and then my 9 year old daughter walks by on her way to bed and sees the blob faction on the screen.  Needless to say she's quite excited and laughs when I try to give her a brief description of the game without trying to get into hillbilly culture, distilling one's own liquor, or the differences between greys and cephs.  I think I found my first opponent for the game.  Looking forward to seeing more miniatures.  Now I'm off to kickstarter to support this "...madcap, inspired genius...." as Eisenfaust so eloquently stated it.

Donation made.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:59:57 PM by pagumb »