Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:21:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Terminator inspired future modern/post apoc Project: Mototerminator progress  (Read 33067 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Right then, having spent most of the year knee deep in the dead I thought it was time for a little bit of a change.

For a while now I've had a load of Doug's brilliant 'not' terminators on the desk. Had a little spurt of activity converting and undercoating over the summre but then nothing.

So, after a few reads of the Terminator Salvation artbook, a trip to the musuem of film on the south bank in June and the dvd release of Terminator Salvation, I thought I'd sort this one out and move it from the back burner.

Terminators:

So far going for:
Endoskeletons, (T600's or T800's take your pick).

Skin jobs, (T600's with rubber masks, tattered rags spot them easily ;)).

T800 infiltrators, (fully skinned up but with battle damage).

What I'd done so far:

10 endoskeleton terminators, (8 stock, one 'skin job' (will do more convincing ones later) & one battledamaged, missing legs but still coming!).

1 infiltrator: E4M trooper with Light Assault Cannon. (Bareheaded Ref: 0009): Converted with use of a pin vise, scapel and the lower part of the leg from old crawly above, drilled and pinned to the knee, then GS'd skin and tattered fatigues.

So armed with my trusty Artwork of Terminator Salvation book, DVD and my quiver of paint brushes I set to work.

Colours:

Well the first three films had the terminators all shiney, that doesn't work for me and the post apoc setting so mine are darker, dirtier and more deadly! :D

From a black undercoat I went for successive coats ranging from VJ German grey (which is almost a black) grading up through the darker greys to lighter greys, (will check the pots later for a colour check). After that work they were washed with a thin badad black wash.

Once dry, successive dry brushing of boltgun metal, with tiny amounts of chainmail, to give a really subtle hint of metallic. The eyes were highlighted in white, (yup, stay with me ;)). The painted gold. Finally, Tamyia clear read was applied as a glaze over the gold, making the cold red eyes pop!

Weapons were painted back and highlighted with greys and gunmetal, (slightly different to the endo's) then washed several times to give them an almost carbon look).

Bases:

Well I've got a load of Ian's (Fenris Games) resin bases and decided on the most post apoc ones I had, (DS toppers) but mounted them on standard slotters. It's a marmite kinda thing but I like it). I also robbed my GW basing kit for all the resin skulls I could find and mounted them on the bases randomly. An enduring image from all of the future shots in the films is the amount of skulls crushed underfoot. (Not that I'm going down a Khornate route of course!).

Bases were painted with a very muted palet of greys, keeping it dark. Skulls and gravel picked out and washed with delvan mud.

Once painted the figures were cut from their tabs, drilled to accept pins and mounted on the bases. Edges were then repainted black and there we go!

Finished at 1:30am today, very pleased indeed. Might dig out the MG weathering powders but we'll see.

Pics:

T600 Skin job: (more planned).

Infiltrators to do today plus some pig iron miniatures to work up as T600 skinjobs, then onto the resistance, though I've plans for a bike or two too!

Enjoy

The Commander
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 01:41:03 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: New Project: Terminator inspired future modern/post apoc
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 12:14:15 PM »
Oh yeah, just ordered two of these babies!

Well the resistance has got to get around somehow!

:D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:16:11 PM by Commander Vyper »

Offline The Somnambulist

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 12:18:35 PM »
Fantastic job commander!
I go to pieces so fast that people get hit by the shrapnel.

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 12:35:06 PM »
Real nice work indeed. I have just started on my own terminator force. I am looking forward to see what you have coming next =)

Anders
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 01:57:21 PM by Anpu »

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 12:44:51 PM »
That's the first time I've really looked at the EM4 versions. They're really rather nice. I've the later Copplestone's, but I like the varied weapons in this set.

BTW I picked up the flying Hunter Killer for £10 at Toys R Us just before christmas and they had a few other Salvation bits too.

Just for painting or planning to play? If the latter I can recommend Ganesha Games Mutants and Death Ray Guns as a quick system - with ready made stats for all these.
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 01:53:38 PM »
Terminators looking good.Well painted and based. Can't wait to the rebel types.(don't forget the dogs to sniff out the skin jobs :D)
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline General Roos

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 01:57:23 PM »
Love the bases! Awesome!
Current projects:
A Fistful of Kung Fu

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 04:04:40 PM »
Nice job Vyper!  I like what you did for the skin job! :-*  Looking forward to seeing more of them!

Darkoath

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 04:54:44 PM »
That's the first time I've really looked at the EM4 versions. They're really rather nice. I've the later Copplestone's, but I like the varied weapons in this set.

BTW I picked up the flying Hunter Killer for £10 at Toys R Us just before christmas and they had a few other Salvation bits too.

Just for painting or planning to play? If the latter I can recommend Ganesha Games Mutants and Death Ray Guns as a quick system - with ready made stats for all these.

Personally prefer the originals to the Copplestone one. Anyway thanks fot the Toys R US tip...

£5.99 each now! 

So got two :D

Planning to play, you'll have to send me though the stats list if you can cause I'm going to try and be as accurate as possible, may even go for a rule mod on this one as well.

Right, thanks all for the comments, Going to start the pigiron skinjobs now, so AEG point taken re rags, the first one was a little bit of a tester so will be more on subsequent.

The Commander

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 11:00:13 PM »
Update:

New T600 skin job using pig iron ferral, plastic warzone minigun and some Green stuff to taste! ;)

Original T600 skin job: more GS rags added, and webbing, will paint tomorrow.

Resistance troopers, (mix of E4M troopers, scavengers, Hasslefree zombie hunters etc..) 16 or so with added GS 'blood sash' on left upper arm.

All ready for undercoating tomorrow now. Pics later.

The Commander

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 02:33:10 AM »
Those look awesome!! The bases are fantastic!! Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 03:57:38 AM »
Why didn't SkyNet ever think of giving some of the less obvious termies the mark of resistance fighters? Surely the red band would stick out from the otherwise drab clothing they wore enough to make people think there's friendlies about with only a casual, human glance >:D.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 08:28:39 AM »
Why didn't SkyNet ever think of giving some of the less obvious termies the mark of resistance fighters? Surely the red band would stick out from the otherwise drab clothing they wore enough to make people think there's friendlies about with only a casual, human glance >:D.

Cause they only thought of it in the fourth film?  ;) Good call though re: infiltration, but I suppose that at the stage we're seeing now the T800's are just coming out so before then the T600's were given the notion of a human profile, maybe with the T800's that would be another option. Good rule though, infiltators that begin the game 'intact' (costing more points) could also carry resistance colours, giving a further -1 to be spotted by humans but with no impact to dogs? (See thinking game rules here already too! :D).

Pics of last night's work in a mo.

The Commander

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 09:26:50 AM »
Resistance fighters:

(Most with resistance blood mark mix of E4M, Copplestone castings, Hasslefree, a Mark Evans merc and a GW converted catchan mini). Will probably also have a group of survivors, (not resistance, armed civies really, just trying to survive) and will use the scavengers I've got for those.

T600's:

More webbing and rags added to the first one, will paint up in a mo, second one is the pig iron feral with feet swop, (E4M trooper and terminator), warzone minigun, (may shortened a tad as it looks too long with where the hands are positioned) Heads had a little more GS to build the mask up.

Won't be able to get much done today as we're Christmas entertaining but if I at least get the first T600's rags painted and the minigun shortened a bit I'll be pleased.

The Commander
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:32:47 AM by Commander Vyper »

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 09:51:29 AM »
Very nice, I especially like the idea of the skin jobs 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins