Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:20:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689721
  • Total Topics: 118289
  • Online Today: 768
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Any ideas for gaming markers? (or examples?)  (Read 5411 times)

Offline P_Clapham

• Mad Scientist
Re: Any ideas for gaming markers? (or examples?)
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 01:09:41 AM »
I just started the project a week ago.  So far it's going pretty well.  Hoping to have it done before my school break ends.

How is that working out? I'm a huge fan of Julian Gollop's strategy games, so consider me interested. Speaking of which, I've always been thinking of emulating Laser Squad/X-COM style games onto the tabletop. Even been eying plenty of greys and similarly suitable aliens for some time.
"When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand.— Raymond Chandler

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 01:19:52 AM »
I've heard of chickens being used for routed/broken units.

Ah, that's excellent! lol. Where would one acquisition a small pile of these?

1 Euro each though and I suppose shipping to Canada would be quyite high  :?

Yeah, it usually is. I average about 4-7 miniatures-related orders a year because a good chunk of my expendable cash is always feeding the hell that is, the post. And that's including birthdays and Christmas gifts.

On the marker subject, I have made some very effective ones using small polystyrene disks and rod. Just cover the surface of the disk with superglue, put a number of small rod pieces in the superglue, and sprinkle sand over the remaining surface. Then paint the rod pieces brass to resemble spent cartrides, et voilà. In my T&T skirmish version, I use them as suppression markers.

That's a good idea. Another one I was thinking of was for markers with a couple sandbags, or so, and a bullet-ridden helmet or similar to represent suppression as well.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 04:07:46 AM »
Litko is what I use and they offer custom work for pretty good prices and a large and ever growing catalog of 3D and 2D markers.

You can see them in action on the various battle reports below.
http://whattheminiatures.com/forum/index.php?board=22.0

http://www.litkoaero.com/

Brian
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 04:10:15 AM by Kampfgruppe Cottrell »
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline tima113

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 02:10:55 PM »
For chickens, I think your best bet is either model railroad suppliers (O or HO gauge laready painted) or mega minis if you want figures rather than markers. Here's a link to mega's chicken pack, they also sell a duck which could also be useful.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MEM-40005-Chickens-x-16-miniatures-25mm-Animals-Farm_W0QQitemZ8784673387QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20b9b7a6b

I'll echo litko again. Their site includes a custom marker design area (think you get 10-20 in a set and you choose the shape, color opacity, etc. from their standard options and can insert so many characters of text). They can make custom markers for a quoted price. A couple of years ago I had them make bullet markers with a number inside (1, 2 or 3). I use them to mark shots fired in All Things Zombie  where each shot has the possibility of attracting more zombies. You dice for them after the turn based on the marked shot locations.