Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:30:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689755
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: LOL Games Workshop is bonkers  (Read 27888 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: LOL Games Workshop is bonkers
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 12:56:28 AM »
Infact the one from the film is better, actually I got it out on video Col and I would have been older lol

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 01:00:56 AM »
 lol

that beats the GW one hands down, their spiky pig looks like it's about to fall over :?

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 02:17:28 AM »
Shit, shit and more shit. I was really looking forward to these new beastmen releases as it was one of my favorite armies of the last bunch  :-[

Oh well, out come the scapels, sculpting putty and imagination again  ::)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 04:16:07 AM »
Perhaps a bear? Or pigbear?
Man-Bear-Pig!!!
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 07:10:32 AM »
Wow.  I gotta say, that those Beastmen Minotaurs are the silly bunch of shits I've seen in ages.  The paint jobs are so cartoon-like that I can't take them seriously.  And what the hell on the razorback?  Bug eye silliness doesn't mix with the Children of Chaos concept somehow....
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 08:17:53 AM »
It's hard not to join GW-bashing if they're releasing such sculpting... mistakes. That's obviously where the 'Rackhamisation' of fantasy figs has led us to: Take silly things and overdo them as much as you can. What happened to the great concept of a dark fantasy world nevertheless inspired by our own history/mythology? Currently I'm happier than ever to own a collection of outdated Beastmen sculpted by the Perrys and others.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 09:30:55 AM »
It's hard not to join GW-bashing if they're releasing such sculpting... mistakes. That's obviously where the 'Rackhamisation' of fantasy figs has led us to: Take silly things and overdo them as much as you can. What happened to the great concept of a dark fantasy world nevertheless inspired by our own history/mythology? Currently I'm happier than ever to own a collection of outdated Beastmen sculpted by the Perrys and others.

I would kill a... uhm.. oh well I would like a regiment of the old metal goatmen. Those were SO great.
Actually they're not even that old. 1995 or something right?
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 09:47:55 AM »
Over priced plastic crap....Soon GW will be gone...Soon....

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 09:52:12 AM »
Over priced plastic crap....Soon GW will be gone...Soon....

When Mattel buys them.  lol

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 09:53:40 AM »
Found another pic:

lol

This really is hilarious, cheers for starting this thread, Mr. T.!

Foound another one:

Gahjebus! What is this?! Look at the paint job! Especially the horns. This is sub par!
I think the "Heavy Metal Team" does some decent painting normally. But this looks rushed.

Apparantly I'm able to complain about GW at every level.  o_o
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 10:02:01 AM by Thorbjørn Nielsen »

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 10:01:51 AM »
 :o Why, oh why, oh why,.........   o_o
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »
Found another pic:

lol

This really is hilarious, cheers for starting this thread, Mr. T.!

Why is everyone so surprised?  :?

The way you're reacting to this item is exactly what I've thought of almost everything GW has produced in the past 20 years - pubescent, ludicrous, puerile, derivative, clumsy, over-the-top tosh.

To me, virtually all their stuff looks just as ridiculous as this does, and always has done.

I honourably except the LOTR range - but then those weren't actually designed by GW were they, but by serious, talented grown-ups in the creative industries?

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 10:36:33 AM »
Why is everyone so surprised?  :?

The way you're reacting to this item is exactly what I've thought of almost everything GW has produced in the past 20 years - pubescent, ludicrous, puerile, derivative, clumsy, over-the-top tosh.

To me, virtually all their stuff looks just as ridiculous as this does, and always has done. (...)

Right, GW's background stories - and in consequence the miniatures as well - have always been inspired by trashy, puerile movies, novels, comics and roleplaying games much valued by the respective pubertal generation. For some of us it's simply hard to realise that they didn't make the shift and as such are no longer addressed in their interests. Seemingly, count me in. ;)

former user

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
are the minotaurs plastic?
this is seriously a personal offence to any good sculptor, not only for customers
even more so if they are metal!!
totally CRAP

the pig however is not that bad. with a proper base and paintjob you could make something of it - or as scenery for a hunt

well, gone are the times of the beautiful Jes Goodwin sculpts.....
is he still active in the business?

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 01:09:57 PM »
The latest blurb includes the usual cheese and is:

Beastmen
The Beastmen are a savage horde of twisted creatures who seek to tear apart all that lies in their path. For the first time ever these true Children of Chaos have their own, stand-alone army list. Warhammer Armies: Beastmen is full of unruly herds, twisted monsters and gargantuan beasts. And it, along with a range of new Beastmen miniatures, is available to advance order today.
 Minotaurs
 Minotaurs are the largest of all the Beastmen warriors and are for the first time available as a multi-part plastic set, making it easier to field unique units of these towering brutes.
 Bestigor Herd
 Bestigor are the elite of the Beastmen infantry. More aggressive and bloodthirsty than the rest of the warherd, they are armed with the best weapons and armour, and are an ideal unit to build your battle-line around.
 Gor Herd
 The bulk of any Beastmen warherd is made up of braying units of Gors. Few foes can maintain their nerve in the face of a deafening, intimidating horde of Gors and large units of these tough, feral warriors are a must for any Beastmen general.
 Ungor Herd
 Ungor are the smaller cousins of the Gor and though less physically impressive, are far more cunning and dextrous. Now able to carry short bows and skirmish, Ungor are essential to the success of any warherd.
 Warhammer Armies: Beastmen
 The ultimate guide to the history and forces of the Beastmen, this is the first ever stand-alone Beastmen army book and contains all of the rules and information you’ll need to field a Beastmen army.
 Doombull
 Doombulls are the most powerful Beastmen combat characters, capable of laying waste to entire regiments of Men or slaying Dragons.  Razorgor
 Razorgor are a brand-new unit type that charge into enemy units like living chariots, delivering four Strength 6 Attacks.
 Ghorros Warhoof
 Ghorros Warhoof has fathered thousands of powerful Centigors and grants any unit of Centigors he leads +1 Weapon Skill.  Malagor the Dark Omen
 Malagor is a brand-new Bray-Shaman special character whose wicked presence makes it harder for enemy units to pass Leadership tests.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'