Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:24:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Anarchy at Casa Rawnla  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
Anarchy at Casa Rawnla
« on: March 11, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »
Dave and myself played another game using Rate of Fire rules, this time we swapped the green fields of England for the plains of Spain. The game was an attack upon on a strategic crossroads held by a force of Nationalist Carlist Militia (Me) by a force of Republican Anarchist Militia men.

I added a couple of amendments for the SCW, firstly the presence of a bandara extended an officers command radius to 8", secondly the Anarchists had to dice to accept new orders, with a one indicating that they would not act upon it and would be on Fire orders whilst debating and then dice again next turn, a two meant the same except that they would act on it next turn, any change of order would of course mean dicing again. One slight problem with this is that if you wanted them to have a fire order they automatically got either way, so next time I may add the proviso that they can only fire on enemy advancing on them or who have fired at them as it is reasonable to assume that they would defend themselves. For the Carlist forces I added a rule that if they threw a six on a morale test, then next turn they would have to receive an at the double order and advance on the nearest enemy in an attempt to engage in close combat.

Here are a few pictures, from the victorious Anarchist assault.

Carlist command group discuss their defence plans

Carlist militiamen prepare to defend the crossroads

The Anarchist militia begin their assault

The Anarchists lead by their military advisor flank the Carlist position

A lone Carlist militiaman defends Casa Rawnsla

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:40:59 AM by Phil Robinson »

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: Anarchy at Casa Rawnsla
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:13:02 PM »
Smashing! Love the idea of the Anarchists debating their orders. I like flavoursome rules like that. From the dim memory of attending Anarchist meetings as a youth (and wishing I was in the pub) it sounds about right.  :)
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
Re: Anarchy at Casa Rawnla
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 06:17:50 PM »
"I am holding a meeting with myself to decide whether to reply to this or not!" lol
David
"There is no point in being stupid unless you show it!"

http://talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline AndyRix

• Assistant
    • Cold War Gamer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 08:57:37 PM »
That looks excellent on many levels terrain figures game - great stuff, spanish civil war sounds interesting

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 09:45:30 PM »
It is imo. It gets bad press as being a 'proxy war' a prequel to WW2, whatever and it is none of those things. It's fascinated me for a number of years and I've amassed a fair bit of reading on the subject. The fallout from the civil war still informs Spanish politics and attitudes today to a considerable extent. While a considerable amount of quite new material exists in Spanish, there is not so much available in English.

Certainly there would seem to be something for everyone and the forces quite evenly balanced in reality (strategy and unity of purpose won the war). There are no super-weapons or ultra elite troops either.

Dave and Phil's games always look to have been fun and certainly come under eye candy... as do the other SCW games that crop up occasionally.  :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:50:39 PM by Jim Hale »

Offline eastern barbarian

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 03:12:17 AM »
very interesting report... good that anarchists won :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 03:20:56 AM »
very interesting report... good that anarchists won :)
I know right!
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous