Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:28:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Reaper order through Miniature Heroes: Tim's restocking now!  (Read 5966 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Reaper order through Miniature Heroes: Tim's restocking now!
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:06:48 PM »
Just placed another order with Tim over at Miniature Heroes and wanted to let all non us folks know that he's about to place his next Reaper order.

I got in there quick for some great accessories and minis for my zombie games so looking forward to getting those.

Anyway, be a good way to avoid reaper's postal charges for europe and minimum order for free packaging.

http://www.miniature-heroes.co.uk/index.html

Good luck

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Reaper order through Miniature Heroes: Tim's restocking now!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 01:50:05 PM »
Thanks Commander!

I've been trying to find a Reaper stockist in the UK for quite a while  :D

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 01:54:35 PM »
Thanks Commander!

I've been trying to find a Reaper stockist in the UK for quite a while  :D

No problems happy to share the wealth.

;)

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »
Reaper has some real treasures in their line...too bad they are consistantly good...

Offline leutenantbrittan

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 03:50:39 PM »
Hi!

Another good source of Reaper miniatures in the UK is Spirit Games:

http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/

Ive ordered loads from them in the past and their service is excellent! They dont have the Chronoscope miniatures but do have all the fantasy and CAV stuff...

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 03:57:46 PM »
Another good source of Reaper miniatures in the UK is Spirit Games:

I might be wrong, and at the risk of repeating myself but if these are cast in the UK they are not as good as those cast in the US.

This is what I had heard, thought it might be "Urban Myth" until I bought from US stockists.  Now I only buy direct from US or US-sourced supplies like miniature heroes.

Now, I used to buy from Minifigs and I don't know if Spirit Games obtain stock from them or direct from Reaper in the US.  Just a note of caution.   :)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »
I might be wrong, and at the risk of repeating myself but if these are cast in the UK they are not as good as those cast in the US.

This is what I had heard, thought it might be "Urban Myth" until I bought from US stockists.  Now I only buy direct from US or US-sourced supplies like miniature heroes.

Now, I used to buy from Minifigs and I don't know if Spirit Games obtain stock from them or direct from Reaper in the US.  Just a note of caution.   :)

I think he imports them form the US I have a werewolf scout on order :D and he said as much in the reply, the space cowboy he sent through was a cracking sculpt so I am almost certain they are fomr the US

Offline Bossco101

• Librarian
    • www.Miniature-Heroes.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 06:37:40 PM »
Yes I can confirm that everything Reaper in the Miniature-Heroes shop is direct from Reaper in the USA.

Unfortunately this does mean it takes me a while to get things that aren't in stock. Usually about 5 weeks from the date of order, and I like to order on the 15th of each month. However having just suffered a 5 day internet outage I'm all behind but the order will be going off very soon.

Regards

Tim

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 06:41:52 PM »
Tim- can't recommend his service enough! Can't wait for my Ghoul Queen.It may be a wait but a lot better than being stung by Royal Mail for overseas packages. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »

What are you going on about??!??!  ??? Who said they were cast in the uk? I said he was placing his next order from Reaper US direct.

::)

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 07:06:22 PM »
What are you going on about??!??!  ??? Who said they were cast in the uk? I said he was placing his next order from Reaper US direct.

::)

He was referring to the fact that Minifigs cast some Reaper lines in the UK, possibly inferior in quality, when OTHER sources were mentioned.

Very obvious if you read all the thread.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 07:11:34 PM »
He was referring to the fact that Minifigs cast some Reaper lines in the UK, possibly inferior in quality, when OTHER sources were mentioned.

Very obvious if you read all the thread.

Oh... you mean a diversion in the original thread... right.  ;)

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 06:40:47 AM »
I'm sorry to hear of all the trouble you guys have in getting Reaper figures. I can get them here at my local store. I'd be happy to trade if someone's in dire need of a fix.  ;D

Offline capthugeca

• Mad Scientist
  • “Life is too important to take seriously.”
    • Ten Mil Wargames
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 09:25:21 AM »

I have bought Reaper Miniatures from Minifigs and also from the USA. I can't tell the difference in quality of casting.
I don\'t know whether to be a good example or a horrible warning.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 09:35:45 AM »
To get this back on target:

i) This is a UK and EU supplier of Reaper US (Texas) figures
ii) He's a bloody nice chap.
iii) Go order stuff if your from this side of the pond.

Nuff said.

Just placed another order with Tim over at Miniature Heroes and wanted to let all non us folks know that he's about to place his next Reaper order.

I got in there quick for some great accessories and minis for my zombie games so looking forward to getting those.

Anyway, be a good way to avoid reaper's postal charges for europe and minimum order for free packaging.

http://www.miniature-heroes.co.uk/index.html

Good luck

The Commander