Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 8
Guests: 488
Total: 496

Recent

Author Topic: Anime Miniatures? Any scale  (Read 6307 times)

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
Anime Miniatures? Any scale
« on: April 01, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »
I can't believe I'm having such a hard time.  I'm going to run a Mekton game (RPG/miniatures).  I want some miniatures for the PCs and various NPCs that look like anime figures.

Ground Zero has a number of good minis, but these are pretty much just women (and usually in combat positions).  I'd really like to find some guys.

What I'm looking for are some pretty basic Robotech looking type stuff, you know, guys & gals in jumpsuits...but that look anime, not realistic.

I don't want real "artsy" looking stuff (like the Anima Tactics stuff).
Mice-Aat-Arms Miniatures and Rules: https://rrbminis.com/mice-at-arms/

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
Re: Anime Miniatures? Any scale
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 12:29:43 PM »
Maybe some of the Infinity range? I think its the Pan-Oceania faction that has a lot of Guyver like suits and things.

Might be a bit pricey though.

EDIT: Pics here:

http://www.miniaturicum.de/index.php?infoBox=1&cPath=995

Actually, looking at them, the Nomads might be a better fit for what you're looking for. Comments about price still stand, mind you.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:35:05 PM by JollyBob »

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
    • http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kashindan/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 12:39:20 PM »
Not sure if Soda Pop stuff is artsy or not but something to look at..

Become who you really are... [/i]

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 04:09:25 PM »
The APAC TADS from rezolution?

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 09:23:42 PM »
Not sure if Soda Pop stuff is artsy or not but something to look at..

Never heard of it?  Do you have a link?

The APAC TADS from rezolution?

Dear me no :)  I'm looking for normal (anime) people, mech pilots and the like.

Offline Pentaro

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 11:01:02 PM »
I don't think there's a lot to choose from, probably the best options have already been mentioned. Infinity has some nice pilots and hackers; JC Figures does some anime stuff. Urban Mammoth has nice civilians but they look, well, "normal".
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:56:59 AM by Pentaro »

Offline P_Clapham

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 08:24:26 AM »
Both Privater Press and Reaper have some very Anime inspired miniatures.
"When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand.— Raymond Chandler

Offline P_Clapham

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 08:29:57 AM »
Since you mentioned 'any scale' how about going some 1:72 scale  sci-fi miniatures.  They would match up with any matchbox cars you'd like to use, and would look quite nice compared next to some of the giant armored suits on the market.

In terms of making them anime, that's really a matter of the paint job that you give them.  Going with bold primary colors, and unusual hair pigments is the way to go.  I'm tempted to give this a try myself.  I've got loads of 1:71 plastics and some mechwarrior clixs kicking around.

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 10:47:02 AM »
Since you mentioned 'any scale' how about going some 1:72 scale  sci-fi miniatures.  They would match up with any matchbox cars you'd like to use, and would look quite nice compared next to some of the giant armored suits on the market.

In terms of making them anime, that's really a matter of the paint job that you give them.  Going with bold primary colors, and unusual hair pigments is the way to go.  I'm tempted to give this a try myself.  I've got loads of 1:71 plastics and some mechwarrior clixs kicking around.

I have no problem with 1:72...in fact. I'm painting up about 400 1:72 Civil War minis as we speak.

However, I've never seen any Sci Fi in 1:72.  Do you have some company names, product lines,  or links?

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 10:51:11 AM »
have you check out reapers new stuff.My daugther and friend starting playing mekton to and their thinking of getting minis too so i get to go on the hunt.So if I find any good ones I well shoot the info your since we have the same goal.

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »
have you check out reapers new stuff.My daugther and friend starting playing mekton to and their thinking of getting minis too so i get to go on the hunt.So if I find any good ones I well shoot the info your since we have the same goal.

Cool.  The Reaper CAV minis are nice, but I went with the EM-4 minis for the mecha.  Those plastics are so darn cheap I couldn't resist, and they are really nice figures.  Too bed they don't have a larger selelction.

Right now I'm thinking of possibly going with Starguards marine assault squad for characters ( http://www.tin-soldier.com/sg/imperium.html ).  Not really what I wanted, but if I paint them with multi colore details, I might make them look like mecha flight suits.  Of course, these are 25mm scale (despite what they say, I own some otheres in this line and trust me, they are 25mm).  One of the main problems is that there are no women...although I might get away with painting some details in pink and calling it a girl, or even molding a few small breasts on one or two (they do have pretty small waists, so I might be able to pull it off).

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 11:32:36 AM »
Something I forgot to mention. I LOVE MEKTON. And finding appropriate miniatures for the mechs has been a quest of mine for some time.

As a side note, the anima tactics stuff is mainly fantasy, but it has some regal looking ladies in it, and those are somewhat of a staple in mecha games. (especially gundam)

thanks for pointing me at those em4 mechs, they are simple but if they indeed are interchangeable and plastic then they should at least offer a nice base for conversions, especially at that price!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:35:17 AM by YPU »
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 12:03:05 PM »

Soda Pop Miniatures, not as skinny as the Anima Tactics stuff.

http://web.sodapopminiatures.com/home

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 12:11:37 PM »
Soda Pop Miniatures, not as skinny as the Anima Tactics stuff.

Yeah, I found these last night.  Nice to look at, but I'm looking for something a bit more functional.  The Ground Zero Pandimonium Anime would be perfect...if they had some male figures.  Almost all the figures are female.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 03:17:57 PM »
Avoid GZG's animetal range.

The Appleseed and Dirty Pair mini's they do are nice.

Also check out Denizen's catgirl twins.

http://flipsminiatures.blogspot.com/search/label/Anime