Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:27:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

I need your clothes, boots and motorcycle.

HAHAHA!
13 (15.5%)
You forgot to say please...
43 (51.2%)
TAKE IT!
28 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Terminator 1 and Terminator 2: Judgment Day  (Read 12487 times)

Offline Photographer

• Mad Scientist
    • Double 0 Sven
Re: Terminator 1 and Terminator 2: Judgment Day
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 12:01:34 AM »
I think the humanoid robots are intended to mop up what is left of humanity.
Secret Agent KKBB Blog

http://double0sven.blogspot.com/

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 12:12:10 AM »
Plus, people have a habit of scurrying into little holes when they know they're licked. Air units wouldn't be able to get at them like that, therefore smaller, man-like units are the logical choice. ;)
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 07:42:25 AM »
Plus, people have a habit of scurrying into little holes when they know they're licked. Air units wouldn't be able to get at them like that, therefore smaller, man-like units are the logical choice. ;)

I would think, small tracked ones not unlike the hydrobots, but made for land movement, would be able to do the job....
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline SamuraiSeapig

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 12:14:44 PM »
Nice work! What rules will you be using?

Offline Photographer

• Mad Scientist
    • Double 0 Sven
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 06:38:23 PM »
Thank you sir! No rules-only photos.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »
I would think, small tracked ones not unlike the hydrobots, but made for land movement, would be able to do the job....

Quite true, but terminators are more menacing than drones.

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 02:15:42 AM »
That could work. It's a bit more practical than the one in the movie (that one REALLY didn't make sense), but I'd want to alter it a bit to mess with it's appearance. Anything WH40K's gonna be seen for what it is first, what you're using it for second.

Regarding the T600, my impression was that they were Skynet's first go at developing an infiltrator, but either it had technological/manufacturing limitations, or it underestimated the Uncanny Valley effect (it probably has a hard time understanding humans' subjective perception of other humans. Kind of "you all look the same to me", only broader), or both. At the time of the movie, they'd already demonstrated themselves a failure as infiltrators, and were no longer in production. Skynet had just thought "waste not, want not", and instead of recalling still active units, it reassigned them to HK duty.

The TSCC version of the 600 series was pretty bang-on to what I imagined when Kyle Reese first described them in T1. The rubber skin was the least of the Salvation 600s' uncanny valley problems (IMO Kyle would have focused on the malproportioned giant look instead of the skin, since it would have been both more glaring up close and more visible at a distance), so to me the didn't quite fit what had come before, even if it did make (relative) sense in it's own context.
History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.

Offline Knightofspades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 12:41:08 AM »
Very cool stuff!

Offline Photographer

• Mad Scientist
    • Double 0 Sven
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 08:57:54 PM »

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 10:47:39 PM »
Reece first mentions that the 600 series showed up and was easy to spot due to rubber skin, and that the 800 series was new, advanced, skin, sweat, bad breath. He later mentions that due to human evading the HK's the infiltrators how up, the Terminators being the newest.

Why the terminator went from a infiltration unit to full blown infantry in the second film, is anyones guess...

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 11:22:53 PM »
Let me know if you need to buy a HK Tank for the flashforward to the future scenes....

;) :D

Offline sykoholic

• Bookworm
  • Part Evil Genius, Part Village Idiot
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 02:10:46 PM »
Just a short, slightly off-topic thought: If the T-600 (Salvation) is not designed to be an infiltrator, why does it have a human skull shaped head? Doesn't make sense, does it?

Indeed, why would any pre T-800 terminators mimic humans?

Because there are few forms as efficient and versatile as the human form. Some forms may be better at particular tasks or activities but none are as good at as many.

Why do T-600's have heads like human skulls? Intimidation. SkyNet might be a machine but it understands psychology and knows what an effective weapon fear can be.
"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Offline sykoholic

• Bookworm
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 08:04:47 PM »
Actually, Arnie and Michael were originally cast in the opposite roles. Arnie was Reese and Michael was the Terminator. However, after reading the script, Arnie decided he wanted to be the Terminator so the roles were switched.  ;)

An image of Michael rehearsing a scene as the Terminator was later used as cover art for a Nintendo game... I forget which one.

The original casting made more sense. If you want to disguise your infiltration/assassination robot as a human and have them blend in with malnurished, sickly post-apoc survivors, you DON'T make them "a rampaging roid head from muscle beach with a thick Austrian accent".  lol

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
Actually, Arnie and Michael were originally cast in the opposite roles. Arnie was Reese and Michael was the Terminator. However, after reading the script, Arnie decided he wanted to be the Terminator so the roles were switched.  ;)

An image of Michael rehearsing a scene as the Terminator was later used as cover art for a Nintendo game... I forget which one.

The original casting made more sense. If you want to disguise your infiltration/assassination robot as a human and have them blend in with malnurished, sickly post-apoc survivors, you DON'T make them "a rampaging roid head from muscle beach with a thick Austrian accent".  lol

I believe originally he wanted to cast Lance Henriksen as the Terminator, but later gave him a smaller role. I'm glad the movie turned out the way it did though 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline sykoholic

• Bookworm
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 09:52:26 AM »
I believe originally he wanted to cast Lance Henriksen as the Terminator, but later gave him a smaller role. I'm glad the movie turned out the way it did though 8)

Completely unrelated trivial factoid: Lance Henriksen and Bill Paxton are the only actors to have been killed in-character by Terminators, Aliens, and Predators.  :D