Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:17:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: F&IW Redcoats  (Read 3045 times)

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
F&IW Redcoats
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:42:35 AM »
Just reprising two of my entries from the LPL to show how the Crusader Rank & File 'generic' infantry compare size-wise etc to the Eureka 'provincial' infantry.

I did make some changes for a better size match, for example the chunky Crusader base was shaved thin while the Eureka was bulked up by standing it on a piece of card.  IMO the muskets are very comparable, though I shortened the bayonet on the Eurekas to the same length as the Crusader.  The tricorns are also broadly the same dimensions.

The Crusader are painted up as 44th (Essex) and the Eureka as 60th (Royal Americans). 

Other changes to the Crusader included turning the sheepskin bag into a linen knapsack, and for the Eureka I converted one of the figures to a junior leader (corporal) by adding epaulette lace and raising its arm.

I am assembling a small unit of 19 of the 44th, comprising an officer 3 corporals and 15 others.  I am somewhat stuck on expanding the unit of the 60th as I don't really want any more in this marching pose and the only other alternatives are loading and firing.

The Crusader are from North Star and the Eureka from Fighting 15s, both top-notch UK distributors.
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: F&IW Redcoats
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 12:40:36 PM »
Very nice, hard to tell them apart now.  ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 01:52:52 PM »
These really look the business! FYI Eric from Conquest told me the other day he expects to have his regulars by Historicon (July) so that might be an option for your recruiting efforts. I know I'm looking forward to picking up a couple dozen!

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
    • World Historyprof-History Real & Imagined through Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 04:53:47 PM »
great job, the extra work really makes the units stand out.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 04:54:30 PM »
He was going to email me a picture of them, but he probably forgot. I just sent him a reminder. The original concept was for guys in full kit for the early encounters, to be followed by men in more sensible kit. I'm not sure what will be up first now though. I'll let you know if he gets back to me.

Update: Eric says some pictures will be up on his site by tomorrow. Probably not the regulars (he told me they are still headless), but some winter types will be there I believe.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 05:23:33 PM by Aaron »

Offline Conquest

• Librarian
    • http://www.conquestminiatures.com
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 06:00:00 PM »
'tis true. I have sent some crappy cell phone pics to Aaron to ogle over. I can't seem to find my camera, but I left a message with my wife, who is notorious for 'barrowing' it and leaving somewhere usually impossible to find.

The Regulars I have completed are one marching and one firing, both for the British and French. These are greens without heads, as I will add heads once cast to add a bit of variety.

I also have 6 Woodland Indians in Winter gear with snowshoes. Photos of these will be up shortly (well, assuming I find the ninja camera).

The Huron, more canoe men poses (simple conversions), the canoe sprue (paddles, support boards/benches and baskets of loot) are almost ready to go.

Regular command are still lumps of putty on wire. Don't think these will be ready for Historicon, but shouldn't be too long after. More winter themed warriors, Rangers and Marines coming along, as well as more Seminole and their enemy.

Good thing I won that $300 million mega lotto the other day ;D
It's not cheating if your stupid.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 07:22:42 PM »
Swiped from Eric's site:

:-*

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
    • World Historyprof-History Real & Imagined through Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 08:46:29 PM »
Ohh, the attack of the headless soldiers-I see a good ghost story here for telling round the campfires.