Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:49:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: "Skulldred" beta skirmish rules (version 1.03)- free .pdf  (Read 18289 times)

Offline Tacgnol

• Mad Scientist
Re: project "Skulldred" beta skirmish rules
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 01:09:24 PM »
I spent best part of a 3 hour meeting this morning thinking about which mini from my lead pile I should paint as a leader for my chaos dwarf warband, so even if i don't end up playing any games of Skuldred you've at least got my painting mojo working again!

I'm pleased that my work in the LPL has given me few a battle-ready warbands, might throw some skeletons at the chaos dwarfs at some point.

Offline Delaney

• Scientist
  • With great power comes great power bills.
    • Delaney King
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »
Thanks Tacgnol- I am dying to see what you come up with!

Well, I can safely say that, considering I am also releasing these miniatures shortly (www.bederken.blogspot.com) that Skulldred's gonna support evil dwarves.

Cheers Heldrak, hope they hold up.
Delaney King:  Digital Artist, Sculptor, Character Artist, TransDimentional Spatula Wielder, Sandwich.
My retro mini blog:  http:www.kingsminis.blogspot.com       My own minis and games:  www.darklinggames.com

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »
wow! it looks really interesting! :) i'll take a read for shure  o_o

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
Re: "Skulldred" beta skirmish rules- free .pdf
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 04:26:12 PM »
I confess, the hex bases in the illustrations made me feel all nostalgic...! ;)
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 05:57:58 PM »
Well, I can safely say that, considering I am also releasing these miniatures shortly (www.bederken.blogspot.com) that Skulldred's gonna support evil dwarves.

I guess that answers the PM I just sent you on Frothers! Now quit w/ this game thingy, and get those dwarves released! :)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 06:06:07 PM »
Forgot the printout at work... am printing another copy right now...
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 06:49:31 PM »
Nice rules and the presentation is great!

I like the concept of "Action Points"; my game group have been using it for years with our modified Warhammer/Mordheim combat rules - it breaks the strandard "turn sequence" (first you move, than shoot, then combat, then...) and increases the freedom of action, which I think is very important for a character-based game (as any small scale skirmish game is supposed to be anyway).

I wish you all the best with this nice project of yours!  :)
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »
Clarify please - if you try to test initiative and you fail, do you immediately lose your turn or do you get whatever APs you generated?
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 10:26:48 PM »
Wow - wish I could produce pdfs that look that good - not that I've tried - love the movement photos with the ghosted out minis!

Looks brilliant from a quick browse but I'll have to peruse it later for some bedtime reading!

Think I'll try out a little offshoot scenario for Orc's Drift I've been mulling over following the misfortune that befalls the Wood Elf patrol that never made it back to the garrison at Kachas Pass - this weekend isn't looking too full either...  >:D

Need to paint more of Skarloc's bunch first...

I guess that answers the PM I just sent you on Frothers! Now quit w/ this game thingy, and get those dwarves released!

Ever get anywhere with those rhinomen we spoke off ages ago?  ;)

Oh and the dwarves look great - might have to partake of those as well!

Offline Delaney

• Scientist
  • With great power comes great power bills.
    • Delaney King
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 12:30:29 AM »
Any fails result in the immediate end of your go, so you don't get to spend those points.  Notice the reckless rules- if you risk downing your model you can spend 1 action point before passing play to the next player.  Its all about risking regular, safe, organised moves vs doing something crazy and risky.

You have no limit on the number of action dice you try to roll, because it increases the odds your going to roll a single fail- therefore if your really, really jammy you can have a character perform a stack of actions.   He could go from cowering in a bloody heap at his enemies feet to making a recovery action, disengage, spot three hidden enemy, run halfway across the battlefield an dive into a bush and hide.  The odds are not good, but its possible- you would need to roll all hits on eight dice.

Its those moments you treasure, isn't it? :)

On the minis front, I have that prototype Rhinoman sculpt about 60% of the way done- I have been making his hyde with little odd bits of putty left over from the Dwergs.  So those two projects are linked.

On the Dwerg front, I haven't been sculpting lately because of a huge 3D work load followed by the inevitable man flu you come down with after a huge deadline.  All thats left on the Dwergs is all the really fine fiddly bits on a couple.  Very... very... soon....

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 12:35:36 AM »
On the minis front, I have that prototype Rhinoman sculpt about 60% of the way done-

Judging from your Dwergs they are going to be amazing!

Sorry to go off on a tangent from your original thread but any sneaky pics you'd care to share?

Back on topic - I can see many an excellent game resulting from heroic dice rolls!  >:D

Offline Tacgnol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 07:39:39 AM »

You have no limit on the number of action dice you try to roll, because it increases the odds your going to roll a single fail- therefore if your really, really jammy you can have a character perform a stack of actions.   He could go from cowering in a bloody heap at his enemies feet to making a recovery action, disengage, spot three hidden enemy, run halfway across the battlefield an dive into a bush and hide.  The odds are not good, but its possible- you would need to roll all hits on eight dice.

Ahh, I think I've misinterpreted the rules. I thought the Initiative score was the amount of extra actions you could roll for and also the number you had to roll equal to or under to gain extra moves. Thanks for the clarification.  :)

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 09:33:46 AM »
Nice to see some local activity! I think I might be the only person in Sydney who doesn't have a cold at the moment!

I'll be keen to check out these rules.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 11:55:19 AM »
I'm not quite through reading (football got in the way), but I like what I read so far. Should make for an interesting playtest as soon as my gaming buddy's brother leaves back for Spain... (in a couple of weeks..  :(  )

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 12:23:15 PM »
An a thought: Are you going to sell your minis yourself, or are the greens sold to other manufacturers?