Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 06:44:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp .45 Scenario: Luggage, Lost!  (Read 3812 times)

Offline tabletop

• Librarian
    • http://www.tabletop-terrain.com
Pulp .45 Scenario: Luggage, Lost!
« on: July 06, 2007, 09:13:12 AM »
I'm currently working on a second small Pulp .45 Adventure campaign and have just posted the first, simple scenario, 'Luggage, Lost' on my blog. Alternately here's the direct PDF download.

The is the 'first cut' of this scenario as I haven't had a chance to play-test it with my gaming mates quite yet. I'm posting it here for criticism more than anything really. So feel free to comment on how it could be improved!

I find with my small group of players scenarios tend to dissolve into simple stand up fights unless you give them fairly clear goals with a potential time limit. The goal here of course is to recover at least one piece of luggage, and possibly more if you can, and the time limit is the fact that each piece of luggage is 'guarded' by two thieves who will most likely flee towards a board edge when uncovered.

Just to keep things interesting, the final goal is randomly determined too, which may or may not stop players leaving a posse around the hotel to pinch anybody trying to get luggage inside. Once again, I welcome any constructive criticism.
Tabletop Terrain Gaming in 28 and 15mm!

Offline tabletop

• Librarian
    • http://www.tabletop-terrain.com
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 06:06:33 AM »
Here's a simple table built using some terrain boards (constructed for 15mm Flames of War gaming), a bunch of painted 28mm Crescent Root Studios buildings and some printed train tracks from Eric Hotz's Whitewash City range, that I intend to use for the above scenario.

You can spot the 2'x2' terrain boards because my young son jostled the top corner out of alignment while I was taking photos :). He was dive bombing Cairo with a British WWII balsa glider plane at the time!

That's two teams of adventurers freshly disembarked at the train station and wondering where their luggage has got to...

I've got a few more Cairo civvies to paint and some original luggage to mold and cast (hopefully this weekend) and I'll be ready to spring the scenario on my players.

Offline Ruarigh

• Librarian
    • The Ooh Shiny Complex
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 10:45:46 AM »
That looks like a really good set-up. I look forward to reading the report on the game and then I shall borrow your scenario for my own games!

Cheers,
Ruarigh
The greatest revenge you can have on a man that steals your wife is to let him keep her.