Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:28:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691081
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Big board build - I'm (still) forever blowing bubbles - out it comes  (Read 8326 times)

Offline kustimork

• Lurker
Sometimes I wonder if the woodland scenics water never sets! I've had items stick into it years later, and had the same bubbly result on one item of similar shape. It looked cool for about 6 months, but eventually the bubbles burst and now are sort of half popped. I bet we couldn't make that effect happen on purpose either! LOL

Offline DD-Chris

• Librarian
i use a 2 part clear resign, it is not air dry, so it will be hard as a rock in 6-8 hours, it can be colored just as easily as water effects, and can be poured to any thickness.
if you want to do rough water, and waterfall effects, simply wait 3 hours for it to get slightly hard, and then add it to the slope. it takes some pratice to do rough water, and falls, but i have had great su ccess with it so far.

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
Having just about sorted the room out I dig out the board to find the last lot of water has not cleared after a month  >:(

Drastic action is now called for - so out with the heater:

No comments on the state of the carpet please  :D

Do not try this at home - the water does not set and heating it up turns it molten (and expands the bubbles).  My aim is to remove as much of the gunk as possible and get rid of the pond...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:57:53 PM by AndrewBeasley »

Offline Kanvass

• Assistant
Re: Big board build - I'm forever blowing bubbles - drastic action
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 03:30:27 AM »
Absolutely outstanding, thats one of the finest foamsculpt houses I've seen yet.

Top form sir :o

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
Re: Big board build - I'm forever (still) blowing bubbles - out it comes
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 03:11:52 PM »
Well a few months have gone by and I'm still plagued by bubbles despite trying new sealing  and a new bottle of water compound and I've now noticed that the other itle stream and puddles have the same problem:

Now the path I can cover with plant life but the pond had to go.  Deciding to backfill was a little heartbreaking to be honest but a quick dollop of foam gave me a big white patch of rough water:

and a quick paint gives me an acceptable pond for the board:

Only thing I can think is that the boards release a gas constantly (well for the last 6 months at least) and this is reacting with the liquid water as another marsh I have been working on has not shown any bubbles - even though it has the same paints etc but on white foam and not pink...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:03:46 PM by AndrewBeasley »