Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:09:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hope this is not redundant  (Read 5987 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Hope this is not redundant
« on: August 14, 2010, 02:29:44 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has done anything with Napoleonic period (as opposed "Gothic" or VSF or Pulp or yada-yada-yada) Horror gaming?

Gracias,

Glenn

Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Hope this is not redundant
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 02:56:38 AM »
Try TMP's Napoleonics board, it's full of zombies and the undead. ;D
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline FunkyBrush

• Scientist
    • FunkyBrush's Painting Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 06:35:02 AM »
I'm working on napoleonic beastman right now. Not sure what to do with them
http://miniatures-painting.blogspot.com/

What a fascinating modern age we live in

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 07:49:30 AM »
Arhh Glenn, interesting that you should bring this up. I have just finished reading "Twelve" By Jasper Kent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twelve-Jasper-Kent/dp/0553819585/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1281772085&sr=1-1

Vampires in the service of the Russian army during the retreat from Moscow....... :D

I was considering how to game it, probably as a fast paced skirmish game. lots of potential. >:D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 08:25:08 AM »
It's not entirely relevant but I am working on an French & Indian War Zombie game.... ceremonial canabalism, survival canabalisim etc, leading to brain disorder, etc.  I entered some F&IW zombies in LPL04.

My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 12:52:37 PM »
In the Flintloque games and minis from Alternative Armies, the Russians are Undead.  There was a specific boxed game about them, Deadloque: Death in the Snow, originally written by Steve Blease; but I don't know if that is still available, or, if so, in what form.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 02:44:37 PM »

If I had  the time (and money) I would like to build a Mummy scenario based around the new Napoleon in Egypt figures by Brigade Games…
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 03:55:43 PM »
Try TMP's Napoleonics board, it's full of zombies and the undead. ;D

lol

Post of the Day!   

Carlos, you are funny (for a furener)   :D
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »
If I had  the time (and money) I would like to build a Mummy scenario based around the new Napoleon in Egypt figures by Brigade Games…

Funny, that was the same idea I had when I first saw them. I figured I could get by with only a couple of packs ....

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 02:10:00 AM »
Arhh Glenn, interesting that you should bring this up. I have just finished reading "Twelve" By Jasper Kent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twelve-Jasper-Kent/dp/0553819585/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1281772085&sr=1-1

Vampires in the service of the Russian army during the retreat from Moscow....... :D

I was considering how to game it, probably as a fast paced skirmish game. lots of potential. >:D

Now, that's an interesting idea. How's the book itself, Nick? Better as a concept than an actual story, or worth picking up?

-Alex

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 07:42:10 AM »
Its a fun read, he has just written the sequel called "Thirteen years later" and apparently he intends to write five books in total, with the story taking in the Crimean war through to the final book set in the eastern front of WW1.

I really enjoyed it, it has some nice twists and turns and has sufficient action. Its worth a go :)

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 09:03:27 AM »
Its a fun read, he has just written the sequel called "Thirteen years later" and apparently he intends to write five books in total, with the story taking in the Crimean war through to the final book set in the eastern front of WW1.

I really enjoyed it, it has some nice twists and turns and has sufficient action. Its worth a go :)

I enjoyed the book too but the main character was frustratingly slow in working out what was dodgy about his antagonists. ;)

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 03:05:22 PM »

convinced me to order it atleast =)

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 06:31:19 AM »
In the Flintloque games and minis from Alternative Armies, the Russians are Undead.  There was a specific boxed game about them, Deadloque: Death in the Snow, originally written by Steve Blease; but I don't know if that is still available, or, if so, in what form.

Yes, the rules are still available, and yes, it does still have a large gaming base. In fact, it's getting evermore popular and the range is expanding more so than it ever has done!
The boxed sets are no longer available, but the rulebooks are really, really nice and some of the new background is excellent, really excellent.  :)

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 01:01:49 PM »
There's a short story by Kim Newman I've read about on Wikipedia with Nap British militia encountering a Cthulhu Deep One. Might have to do something with the idea once I've got all my British Naps painted.
Waiter, my soup is giggling.