Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:08:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brand new player  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Misanthrope

• Lurker
Brand new player
« on: August 16, 2010, 02:20:39 AM »
Firstly I just wanted to say Hi

I Picked up a copy of Strange Aeons at my local game shop and the wife and I had our first game over the weekend. It was great fun  :D

Just wanted to check up on a rule. With activation am I correct in thinking that you can just activate any figure each time it comes back to your turn not one that hasn't activated yet?

I.e. So I have a Cultist leader, I activate him and move and shoot, once complete it is then the Thresholds players turn. Once he is done can I just activate my Cultist leader again or do I have to activate each of my guys once before?

I realize there is probably an easier way to word this but I can't think of one at the moment  ;D
Never was a sane man more dangerously close to the arcana of basic entity -- never was an organic brain nearer to utter annihilation in the chaos that transcends form and force and symmetry.

H.P. Lovecraft
"The Whisperer in Darkness"

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
Re: Brand new player
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 03:33:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum... and another Aussie? If so, where did you find the book in Australia?

You get to activate one figure each turn, but if the figure you activate has the command rule, you get to nominate two other figures within 10" of that figure with Command (see p25).

Thus you can choose to activate one figure, or up to three using a figure with command.  This is a good reason to protect your leader.

You don't have to nominate your leader figures, but unless you have another figure with the Lieutenant skill, you will only move one figure per turn.

Note also: Alert on p21

Once all the figures you have activated (a single figure, or up to 3 using command) have had two action, the turn goes to your opposition.

You don't have to activate figures that haven't moved in previous turns if you don't want to.

Offline Misanthrope

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 04:12:43 AM »
Yep another Aussie,
I got the book from Milsims in Melbourne. Apparently they will be getting in some of the miniature range also... Fingers crossed

Cool thanks for the info, I understood the activating part just wasn't sure if you could just keep activating the same figure when it came to you turn.

And yeah we noticed how good having a figure with command is very quickly  :-*

Now I need to get my hands on Shocking Tales of Madness and Mayhem, Issue No. 1  ;D

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 06:22:29 AM »
Ah, a fellow 'Mexican'!

No longer am I the only SA player in Victoria  :D

The Shocking Tales book is great - plenty of new goodies for both side of the game.

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 07:52:47 PM »
Welcome to the madness of Strange Aeons.  Let the insanity begin!
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet